Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

WTB: jetex engine anysize Cox_ba12

WTB: jetex engine anysize Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by MauricioB Today at 4:50 am

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I break for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 12:09 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

WTB: jetex engine anysize Empty
Live on Patrol

WTB: jetex engine anysize

Go down

WTB: jetex engine anysize Empty WTB: jetex engine anysize

Post  mitchg95 Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:39 pm

these look really cool, i would like to obtain one for my shelf
im looking to spend $10-$20
thanks
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

WTB: jetex engine anysize Empty Re: WTB: jetex engine anysize

Post  Ken Cook Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:05 am

Hello Mitch, where do you find fuel, screens, and wicks? Davis Diesel came out with a remake of engines and fuel but I'm not sure they were interchangeable with the " Original Jetex". I have a few Jetex 50's and I certainly would like to use them again. A bit before your time but if you recall Flash Gordon, I had a Flash Gordon spaceship the my father made and it had two paperclips attached to it. You would string fishing line from a clothesline pole to another or tree to tree. The balsa spaceship hung from the paperclips with the baby Jetex. A small piece of foil glued to the side prevented the balsa from being torched. I had but no longer can find a entire book of plans and models dedicated to Jetex models. I had a tether car as well.

The last I seen mine in use was 35 years ago. I remember the problem my father was having which I believe was typical of these. He felt at the time the fuel was possibly old. It would absorb moisture. I still have a few pellets that are stored in a small metal container. The main problem was when the fuse was initially lit. The fuse just prior to entering the fuel housing would go out due to the metal being cold. The housing would have to be preheated then the fuse wouldn't quench out. Powermax engines was the more modern Jetex and although quite similar they're not compatible with Jetex as they could burn out the side of the case due to higher combustion pressure, there is a freeflight company in England that still may have the fuels and accessories. Rapier was the next generation of rockets that had considerably more power. Here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlZTknU_H-Y&feature=related Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 am

i was thinking of running one sometime in the future if i do get one, and maybe getting some of the supplies from ebay?
if you are looking for jetex plans, looking in the free flight scale section, they have 61 plans for planes that use jetex engines
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dankar04 Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:05 pm

To whom it may concer, I have some Jet-X stuff. New 150 PAA loader / used 150PAA loader and full box or original fuel. We are not talking low ball but fair as these are very rare. Fuel box is fulll with wick and all that came with it. Also have a good used 50 motor and fuel. No wick but maight find some. Also an original Jet-X 100 no mount but very cool looking. New 150 has Americal Telasko box w instruction. Make a fair offer and you can hve original Jet-X motors Ya--hoo, they are very cool. Also have Jetco Cutlass kit.

JUST LOOKING FOR A FAIR DEAL. DON'T BOTHER TO OFFER $20.00 i'LL KEEP THEM BUT WILL BE MOST FAIR...CHEERS..DAN
eVERYTHING WILL WORK JUST DANDY, RELIVE THE OLDEN DAYS... cheers Beer Cheers Airplane
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Found the Jetex stuff last year and almost purchased a NIB motor housing/ pellets/ fuses, but got to reading on how finicky they are and decided against it. I have soo many projects Hobby and not, that I don't know where to start.

Still really neat nostalgia stuff, but no need for it,,,at this point in time. Very Happy
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  dankar04 Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:44 pm

iF you can not get a ny Jet-x going ..what can I say ? I was six years old when I got my first 50 size motor and flew it all day long/ later used 150 sized motor and all was fine. No issues except a couple times fuse got stuck. I use to bring needle nosed pliers to unseat wick ..
Recenty flew a Peck model with 50 sized..worked fine. Designed a 150 size bird..flew fine 100% reliable motor runs. Kids world wide use to use these. They are a blast to use ..cheers/Dan
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ahrma_581 Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:20 pm

jetex.org for anyone interested in the models and at times turbulent business history of these engines. Unfortunately, no current sources for fuel, fuses, etc.

Also has some info on the Rapier solid fuel engines, sort of like the Estes model rocket engines (yes, that Estes). Trying to find out more about references to Rapier engines on Outerzone is how I found the Jetex site.
ahrma_581
ahrma_581
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dankar04 Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:26 pm

My post items include everything to run motors just for infomation. Motors/fuel/wicks etc.
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  jsesere Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:52 pm

jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  dankar04 Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:15 pm

I know back in day [1960's] had a good time with Jet-X. Even today have a 50 size/150 sized bird ready to go. I am going to copy my Jetco Cutlass and build it. The Rapier motors I belive haven't been made in a long time. Peck sold Jet-X for a time/ then Davis sold them to. That was some time back. The 150 PAA loader really worked well. Thanks Joe for u-tube post. cheers
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ahrma_581 Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:30 pm

From what I've read the Rapier motors fizzled out (sorry...) about 2010. Production was spotty before, but then they were reclassified from smoke generators to fireworks and shipping (from Czecho) became prohibitive.

In the late 60's I built a little 18" span gas freeflight look-alike from tissue and scrap sticks with a Jetex 50. I put one pellet it in for testing, it got about 20' in the air, drifted off into the neighborhood next to the schoolyard and was lost.
ahrma_581
ahrma_581
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down