Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Some questions about the GTP Nissan car Cox_ba12

Some questions about the GTP Nissan car Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Admin Today at 10:31 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by rsv1cox Today at 7:41 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Some questions about the GTP Nissan car Empty
Live on Patrol

Some questions about the GTP Nissan car

Go down

Some questions about the GTP Nissan car Empty Some questions about the GTP Nissan car

Post  MeerschaumSteve Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:56 pm

I always wanted one of these, and back in the old days, I couldn't afford it. Now I'm looking at them again, and have some questions, maybe you that know more can answer them.

Who made the car really, was it Kyosho?
Spare parts are obviously hard to get, can wheels/tires be used from a newer car? will they fit?
The car seems to have changed a few times, large radio box, small one, exhaust throttle, egr throttle, what was the final version?
Can a modernized version of the engine be used? say, based off the new reed RC engine, or even something more exotic like a queen bee? I'm just thinking, what would be the smoothest, quietest, most refined cox engine we could put in a car like that.

I'm seriously thinking about getting one, but the prices seem all over the place. I don't care about a box, but if I get one, I'm hoping to find one that's not abused, not missing a bunch of parts, and can still be fixed up to be a runner.

Thanks for any comments or advice.
MeerschaumSteve
MeerschaumSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Some questions about the GTP Nissan car Empty Re: Some questions about the GTP Nissan car

Post  Jason_WI Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Not sure if Kyosho made the GTP, Stocker, and Indy for Cox. There were also the Cox Gassers that came out at the same time but were recalled for overheating issues.

Some spares are available on ebay. Some parts are unobtanium like the zip pull starter. I think that some of the Bolink 1/12 scale tires may work but they are also hard to find now that 1/12 scale went the way of the Dodo. Bolink 1/12 scale bodies will fit but may have to cut out a large area for the engine.

The large radio box was for standard size Rx and batteries. They usually came with the kit that shipped without the radio. The small radio box came with the car that shipped with the Cox/Sanwa pistol grip radio. This is how mine came in the box. It did not include the large top radio box.

I'm not sure what you mean by modern engine as all current cox engines being made and sold today are still using NOS pistons, cylinders, and crankcases. You may be able to shoehorn a Toki 05 engine in the GTP but it would take some machine shop time. The front end is weak on these cars. The nylon steering arms are brittle and would need to be machined from aluminum for any real race endurance. These cars moved pretty fast with the stock setup as they are light.

If you do find one get one that has the zip pull starter or you will need to find an alternate method for starting the engine.

There are instructions posted in the Cox engine collection site. See the link at the top of the CEF page.

Jason
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Some questions about the GTP Nissan car Empty Re: Some questions about the GTP Nissan car

Post  MeerschaumSteve Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:11 am

Great reply Jason, thank you!
MeerschaumSteve
MeerschaumSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:00 am

Nice tread,

there are some other guys outside which are interessted in cox powered r/c cars, thats fine.

If it is helpful I could try to send the manual of the cox stocker/indy/nissan as pdf file.

Regarding the quitest muffler, you should check the kyosho exhaust throttle system which is extreme efficent and quit (it is showed in my topic cox powered r/c cars).

I also thought about upgrading the cars. But I would agree to jason, that the engine mount and whole gtp car is to weak for more power.

The Kyosho Cox formula one car is much more solid.

The problem is allways the ,,ground cylinder'' for fitting the throttle. I have some spare parts and will try to build a upgraded engine for the f1 car. The killer bee backplate should fit and maybe the crank. But I do not know if it will increase the rpm.

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down