Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A great day at the air museum Cox_ba12

A great day at the air museum Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Today at 10:50 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by roddie Today at 9:36 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 9:33 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Kim Today at 8:53 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Today at 8:45 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A great day at the air museum Empty
Live on Patrol

A great day at the air museum

Go down

A great day at the air museum Empty A great day at the air museum

Post  mitchg95 Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:06 am

My family and I took a trip to the Wings over the rockies air museum that used to be known as Lowry Air force base, and boy did we have a blast, unfortionately we did not have our camera with but I can describe what made today so great
Not only did they have the great planes their that fought in ww2, vietnam, a b-1 bomber, and a handful of small personal planes like a Piper J-3, a few small home builts, some powered gliders and many other planes. They also had a rc show their as well that had many different vendors from my local hobby stores, some booths that some flying clubs operated like Love-Air which is located in Loveland Co, West associated aeronital modelers from Arvada Co, and their were a few other booths that the general public operated.
They were flying some 3d type "foamy" planes in the hanger around the full size planes that were right next to the B1, but their was a father and his son who I would say was about 12 years old that brought their tether planes Smile.
The father and son had at least 5 planes with them that they owned the first three were. 1) mouse racer with a Cox Venom, and two other control line planes that they both flew in the hanger! One was a .020 sized shoe string, and the other was a .020 sized control line Geebee with the engine sitting about 3/4'' to the right of the center of the sheet balsa fuselage. The son flew them both, and he looked like a pro, it was amazing I have never seen a control line plane ever fly in person before
Their were other things that made it fun to. Their was a table set up with F1A type free flight models and some old time rubber planes and gas free flight planes on the table as well. I saw one amazing home built model aircraft called the "Santa Cruz" it had a Blue fuselage, Black rudder under the elevator, and a transparent red wing and elevator and best of all it had a Cox .051 teedee in the nose, i asked the older gentle men that was next to me "did you build this" and he said in response "not only did I build it, but I designed it as well" me and him had a great conversation about the plane, turns out that he makes lazer cut shortwood kits and prints plans to sell along with the shortwood kit. The things I learned about this are amazing, it has a 48'' wingspan and an Auw of 8.5oz, with a texas timer built in so that the engine only runs for 10 seconds.
After that I walked around a little more and just before we left I thought I should get his email, so I went over their and he gave it to me and told me "if you have any Cox's like .049's or .051's i would trade one of my kits for it" and I asked "would a teedee .09 work?" he said yes then gave me some building tips and said to email him with any questions
Today was great!
Ill try to have pictures of the build once I get started

P.S the gentlemen's name that designed the Santa Cruz is Ramon Boyd and was even featured in an Rc magazine that showed the build, detailed pics of the plane, him tossing the plane and one of it while it was in flight
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

A great day at the air museum Empty Re: A great day at the air museum

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:49 am

Glad you had a good time Mitch, control line flying can be a lot of fun.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:45 pm

thanks for the reply Ron, just wish I had the camera, that kid was great!
I plan to start building my new santa cruz on monday when i can get some 1/8'' sheet balsa, 1/4''x1/8'' spruce, 1/4''x1/8'' balsa, 0.5mmx3mm carbon fiber and some more wax paper and super glue
Ray said that they have a site where they fly that is 20,000 acres! Shocked
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down