Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Graupner Citabria 0.49 Now with pictures! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Graupner Citabria 0.49 Now with pictures! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 2:20 pm

» Tired of it all…
by Ken Cook Today at 8:04 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Graupner Citabria 0.49 Now with pictures! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Graupner Citabria 0.49 Now with pictures!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Graupner Citabria 0.49 Now with pictures! - Page 2 Empty Re: Graupner Citabria 0.49 Now with pictures!

Post  WingingIt74 Thu May 23, 2013 11:36 am

That would be beyond ancient... All the new technology is 2.4 ghz, although across the pond I think it's a different number. Everything is much lighter then what it use to be.

Considering this would be more then enough radio for this plane...
Graupner Citabria 0.49 Now with pictures! - Page 2 O-4c-2.4DSM-2
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Graupner Citabria 0.49 Now with pictures! - Page 2 Empty Re: Graupner Citabria 0.49 Now with pictures!

Post  Mark Boesen Thu May 23, 2013 11:40 am

coxaddicted wrote:

What do you do over there in America? I guess you have enough place where you do not disturb anybody? Or are the people sensitized because they know these engines from childhood lol!

I it depends on where you're flying. Most people fly small R/C planes as electric. The majority of flying fields require mufflers, even on the small stuff.

I think the 'golden age' of 1/2a gas died a long, long time ago and the loud high pitched scream of a 1/2a engine is unknown to most of the general population.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Thu May 23, 2013 8:20 pm

I love living in the middle of corn fields. Compared to the farmers plowing at all hours... (quite literally, during harvest they start at about noon and go till the dew falls at about 4am, since it is planting they keep more sensible hours and pack up about midnight.) Playing with my 1/2A engines for an hour or two is nothing. I think I will pick up one of Bernie's mufflers on my next order, at least to try it.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu May 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:
coxaddicted wrote:

What do you do over there in America? I guess you have enough place where you do not disturb anybody? Or are the people sensitized because they know these engines from childhood lol!

I it depends on where you're flying. Most people fly small R/C planes as electric. The majority of flying fields require mufflers, even on the small stuff.

I think the 'golden age' of 1/2a gas died a long, long time ago and the loud high pitched scream of a 1/2a engine is unknown to most of the general population.
My field requires mufflers on anything bigger than a .25, but we're at Fort Jackson, so I fly to a background of mortars and machine gun fire. Our club president is a pretty reasonable guy, and some of their big RC planes make quite a racket, so I think my Fox 35 will fit right in without a muffler. By Tee Dee doesn't seem to bother the neighbors when I fly at the church yard. I'm lucky, they all think it's cool. So does the church's pastor.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  ronit Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:09 am

coxaddicted wrote:Thank you for the coment ronit. Sadly I have no news about the plane, i am waiting for better weather Sad it is not a Piper Cub. It is a American Champion Citabria. But it looks a little bit like a Piper Cub Very Happy

Regarding the Kyosho Buggy: Yes I got the Box, Manuals and the Car. It was my first real RC Car bought from my pocket money (I had to save money for this very long Very Happy ), therefore I do not want to sell it at the moment.

Actually I bought a new body kit (a repro but very close to the original which I still have), electronic speed controller and cleaned all parts. It is running but I still have to paint the new body. Due to all my projects it is packed in a box and waiting for days where I have got deadly dullness Laughing .

Sorry for the late replay, the notification was in my spam mailbox
Glad to know you are a fan of the kyosho 1000 circuit buggies. The beetle was not that popular in the 80s so less numbers were produced, therefore their rarity. I have also bought a huge lot of parts all the way from Germany to build this kyosho beetle, will get a repo body later OR a tamiya sand scorcher body. Keep that beetle as a shelf queen and run her a few times when you feel like it, thats what I will do.

Like I said, noise is a problem with these cox beauties so I am going to turn mine to electric, got an old vintage bee from ebay, might/definitely will run on fuel if its properly cleaned and all, I will try her out on nitro fuel but will turn her into electric by putting a brushless in the fuel tank. You will have the quietness of the motor, speed control and an awesome cox engine for appearance.
ronit
ronit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2