Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6! Cox_ba12

Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 1:30 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:34 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 10:32 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rdw777 Today at 9:17 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 8:21 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by getback Today at 6:31 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:38 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6! Empty
Live on Patrol

Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6!

Go down

Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6! Empty Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6!

Post  GUS THE I.A. Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:29 pm

Here it is! Long awaited, and now ready to fly... My interpretation of Sterling's Super Ringmaster. I say that, because the kit is one of the "Top Grade" offerings of Sterling quality. Really. There were really no problems with the wood in the kit, other than it being die-crunched, and maybe a little hard and brittle (and heavy). It DID go together nicely, though! I covered the entire airframe with SIG Koverall and dope - sheeted surfaces, too. I can't blame all the heavy on the kit's wood. You know, Matt Kania designed the Ringmaster in 1950, and I'm not certain when the full bodied version (S-6) was released, but, see if you notice my homage to the 50's on this plane. The pilot is a Williams Brothers piece, and his jacket nametag reads: Ring Man. I took the pictures just before I installed the windscreen, so imagine that in place, now. Fox .35, 50th Anniversary edition engine, 2-1/2" Goldberg snap on spinner. Top Flite 9x6-1/2" propeller. Here goes. Comments welcome!Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6! 100_1312Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6! 100_1313Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6! 100_1314
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6! Empty Re: Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6!

Post  duke.johnson Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:37 pm

I think this is the nicest plane to come out of the purple plane factory, yet.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6! Empty Re: Purple Plane Factory's Latest Completion...S-6!

Post  pkrankow Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Looks like a top notch piece of work! Hope it flies as good as it looks.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Rock On Doug!!!!!

Love the whitewalls! Great job my man! It will fly well. Hope that Fox is good and broken in. Take to the skies and don't look back.

Ron

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:49 pm

Thanks! You got it! The whitewall tires - that is the thing. I have not put the decal on the wing, because I want to reproduce it, to have a spare. Then, it will be totally finished. We plan to fly on Sunday, and all the gang will be there. I have done some lopsided 8s with the Shoestring, and today, with the Nobler. Not great by a longshot, but I went around! Practice, practice, practice!
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:48 am

My first Fox.35 in a full bodied plane was quite an experience. If your not already aware, the Fox makes slightly more power when mounted upright or inverted vs sidewinder. The other thing is, it doesn't burp in the outsides. I thought I broke my engine as I couldn't understand why it wasn't breaking the same way it did when I flew it profile. I was told prior to installing the Fox into a full bodied plane that I should choose my best running Fox. I had one on a profile Ring that I flew for 20 + years and was typically a one flip starter. I had the engine mounted inverted. Not only was this my first full body, it was my first inverted engine. That in itself was difficult to understand on how to prime it properly without flooding it. Talk about baffled, this was like learning all over again.

Nice job and great looks. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down