Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by balogh Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Yesterday at 7:41 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!!

Post  Kim Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Man, that's Spooky! I was standing back and staring at the thing, trying to decide how long to make the nose, and it hit me that I could easily cut my own BIG bellcrank, leadouts and guides on the left wing. MIGHT be cool for next year if we use it.

Problem is, almost no one would get the humor...and having to explain the gist always kills the punch !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!!

Post  Mark Boesen Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:44 pm

you could always make a go-cart out of it afterward or add control surfaces and a functioning control stick/wheel as a training aid for kids or visitors to the airport.

black box:
(p.s. the flames mean nothing, its a slow day at work)
Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0610
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:54 pm

You could use it as one of these during the off season:
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:it looks like you installed a 'black box' in front of cockpit, good call you never know what might happen to it.
You MIGHT say that I had an "Aft-Loading Situation" in the ole Weight-and-Balance Envelope !!!

The "Black Box" is a Box-o-Nails to keep the Snowbird from falling on it's afterburner !!!

The nose took care of this and now, Katrina is a lot less likely to find herself in a flat-spin scenario !!!

Last edited by Kim on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:07 pm

You might want to do a built-in bench instead of the folding chair.  It will stiffen the structure more and save the chair.  Also if this is going to be used elsewhere it resolves the situation of having to secure the folding chair.

It will also provide a secure platform location for the bellcrank.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:33 pm

pkrankow wrote:You might want to do a built-in bench instead of the folding chair.  It will stiffen the structure more and save the chair.  Also if this is going to be used elsewhere it resolves the situation of having to secure the folding chair.

It will also provide a secure platform location for the bellcrank.

Phil
We're figuring to do a beach-type seat when the plane is used for Photos at the airshow. The folding chair will just sit on the floor of the trailer, and allow Katrina to gently rock the plane as she "Flies" it down the parade route.
I measured the carry-through spars to fit in front and back of the chair with no pinch points. With the wings removed, they also make great "carrying bars" to move the plane around.

Our sheet metal dude, Todd has offered the use of an old Martin Ejection seat...which we MAY use if it will fit inside the frame !!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Ray and Katrina finally get a turn at working on the Snowbird !!!  We're gonna let the base-coat dry until tomorrow, then put some color to it !!

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0710

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0711

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0712

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0713

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0714

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0715

Last edited by Kim on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:34 pm

You going to put a smoke system in that nozzle? Smile
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Yep !!

Derrick is donating the use of the "Smoke Machine" he uses with his band. Katrina will even have a Start/Stop switch to control it !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Kim.... I'm starting to think like you.... should I be worried?
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:18 pm

WingingIt74 wrote:Kim.... I'm starting to think like you.... should I be worried?
Only if your friends start looking at you funny, and more than occasionally begin their sentences with, "OK...now let me get this straight...you're doing What???!!!"
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:22 pm

Kim wrote:
WingingIt74 wrote:Kim.... I'm starting to think like you.... should I be worried?
Only if your friends start looking at you funny, and more than occasionally begin their sentences with, "OK...now let me get this straight...you're doing What???!!!"
lol! 
I'm dooooooomed....... that already happens Smile I can't blame you though, heard that most of my life Smile
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:33 pm

WingingIt74 wrote:
Kim wrote:
lol! 
I'm dooooooomed....... that already happens :)I can't blame you though, heard that most of my life Smile
Sounds Like a Good Life To Me !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:02 pm

The Snowbird get's it's first trim by Airport Manager Bruce while I rework it's instrument panel...and take photos !

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 6_20

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 7_20

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 8_18

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 9_16
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:20 pm

This is all seriously entertaining!

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Sharp looking.
Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:08 am

Thanks Guys!

It's coming along...we're getting it's trailer today and, so far, no BIG problems have jumped up. We're even including a space heater in case our pilot gets cold !

Derrick (my boss) is talking about moving some of the furniture in our lobby and displaying it there, so we ought to be getting some use out of this sucker even after the parade !!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:23 am

Good job, Kim. Are there any vacancies at the airport?

Lieven
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:59 am

OVERLORD wrote:Good job, Kim. Are there any vacancies at the airport?

Lieven
Airplane-Wise or Job-Wise ? !

Airplane-Wise: We're gonna have a bunch of empty spots once the new hangars are finished.

Job-Wise: I think Derrick is still looking to fill a part-time spot...but he MAY have a full-time spot open in April if I go through another bout of Spring Fever like I had last year !!!

You gonna move across the pond ?
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:33 am

I wasn't serious about that; just making plywood airplanes seems to be good fun !!
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:36 am

OVERLORD wrote:I wasn't serious about that; just making plywood airplanes seems to be good fun !!
Yeah, I was trying to be funny...if factual !

It's be great to have you visit though! At this point, you'd probably be handed a roller brush and a tray of paint !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:16 pm

Back on the Snowbird project.  The Parade is this Sunday, but we're in the homestretch with the Plane and it's accessories.

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0810

Left side of fuse has it's red trim.  I can't do the blue stripe 'til they get the "Snowbirds" decal to me.  I was gonna just freehand it, and may have to if they don't get the thing soon.

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0811

Said, "Yeah" when they asked me if I could draw a Christmas Tree on a piece of ply.  Then, realized that I'd never drawn a Christmas Tree !!
Doesn't matter too much...it's basically a stand for a flat-screen TV which will run a looped video of the Snowbirds' performance.  The T.V. will face backwards on the back of the float.

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0812

"Dry Assembly" with the Snowbird sitting on it's steel wheel chocks.

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0813

Had to make sure Katrina wouldn't be cited if the FAA ramp-checked her jet.  So, we forged a registration card for the Snowbird !  
"Renaissance and Commander" are a reference to two failed businesses that attempted to build planes here...in a hangar the taxpayers financed.  The subject is a sore spot with the city fathers, so it just HAD to be included !

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0814

Ready for final trim and smoke system !!!

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0816

The interior of the cockpit is gonna be painted black.

Cape Girardeau's Christmas Holiday Float...The Baby Snowbird's Last Installment!!!!! - Page 2 Sam_0815
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Looking good!

Put a set of ski's on that thing and it would make the coolest snow sled ever!!!!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:28 pm

It becomes more apparent with each installment why they picked you to be in charge of this project! Marvelous job, Kim. Looking forward to the maiden.

Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next