Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Received a call from the local hobby shop today! Cox_ba12

Received a call from the local hobby shop today! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by layback209 Today at 11:48 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 8:12 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by roddie Today at 6:51 pm

» Post your Older ignition books
by lla Today at 6:34 pm

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Today at 8:40 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by rsv1cox Today at 7:54 am

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by getback Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Today at 2:31 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Hemostat clamp/smooth-jaws
by roddie Yesterday at 3:48 pm

» Black Widow Run time
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:44 pm

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Yesterday at 3:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Received a call from the local hobby shop today! Empty
Live on Patrol

Received a call from the local hobby shop today!

Go down

Received a call from the local hobby shop today! Empty Received a call from the local hobby shop today!

Post  duke.johnson Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:48 pm

After jumping into the truck after work, the phone rang with a voicemail.  It was the owner of my local hobby shop, all he said is "you neeeeed to stop by the shop on your way home".  Like I need a reason to stop by the LHS, I've been there the last four days in a row.  Long story short, when I showed up at the LHS, he had this for me. For FREE!
Received a call from the local hobby shop today! Dsc_7215
The Gentle Lady
Received a call from the local hobby shop today! Dsc_7216
And her Pod.

The plane has been hanging in a garage for the last twenty years and was given to a guys who brought in the LHS. So Tom, the owner of the LHS said he knew who needed this plane.  He said it had to go to me since it had a Cox engine on it.  Tom has been working with me to get a Gentle Lady together for the ALES contests. I know, you say "Duke's a CL'er" , "Duke doesn't know how to fly RC".  Well you would be right, but these guys are cool, they fly beautiful planes, and they have a potluck or BBQ at every contest.  I love these beautiful gliders and want to fly them with these guys.  The best part of the story is the guy who built the plane, as I'm told, was a pilot of Air Force One when Old Man Bush was President.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Received a call from the local hobby shop today! Empty Re: Received a call from the local hobby shop today!

Post  OVERLORD Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:57 am

Lucky you. Well done Duke. A Gentle Lady is a nice plane. I had 1 in the early 90's when I was living in the UK. Bought it 2nd hand just to have some fun. I balanced it and used it as a free flight plane but without an engine.
Hope you will enjoy that plane. Try to make a video when you get it up in the air;

Lieven
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Received a call from the local hobby shop today! Empty Re: Received a call from the local hobby shop today!

Post  fit90 Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:08 am

Great haul Duke,

I used to have a Gentle Lady with a Black Widow on a plastic Cox power pod. Sorry I got rid of it. It was a great glider and provided me and my friends with countless great flights. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoyed mine.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:25 am

Holy Cats You LUCKY Hound Dog !!!

Gentle Lady's are the best!  ....and READY TO FLY EVEN....HOOOOOOT !!!!!

Congrats Man !!!!

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:53 am

Thanks Guys! Tom is a great guys and his true love besides his wife is the gliders. He's been helping me along with others who have given me two other Gentle Lady wings. I have the plans and I'm going to build a GL with an E-flight 450 in the nose for the ALES contests and put spoilers in the wing for the spot landings.

Kim-Tom is big into slope soaring and my boys and I have been looking for landings off the logging roads where we hunt to fly. I want to find a Dream Flight Weasel for the slopes, too.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:16 am

Congratulations on the beautiful glider Duke! I wish you the best of luck with it!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:21 am

Good deal, Duke!!!! The GL is a great flying plane --- I've flown them with a power pod and with a Hi-Start. I also have one of the Attack TX, but used it for another 1/2A plane.

Since you're working with your LHS, I'm sure they'll take care of it, but if not, you'll likely need to replace the TX and RX batteries. You may want to look into using a Lipo with a SBEC in the GL. This will probably extend your flight time and possibly save some weight.

andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:39 am

Thanks Andrew. As you can tell by the picture, it has a 72 mhz system in it now.  I'll most likely change it to 2.4 and run it on my DX6i (another LHS deal, $20).  The plane has hardly been used, it had no battries in it. Thanks ten AA's, four in the plane and six in the radio.  And the battery compartments are spotless.  I like the idea of switching to 2.4 and Lipo.  I already have the charger for the truck.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down