Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Enya SS40             Cox_ba12

Enya SS40             Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Today at 12:18 pm

» audio-tach anyone?
by roddie Today at 11:14 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 10:22 am

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by fit90 Today at 7:34 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by getback Today at 6:19 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Yesterday at 2:54 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:26 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 pm

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Enya SS40             Empty
Live on Patrol

Enya SS40

Go down

Enya SS40             Empty Enya SS40

Post  ian1954 Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:32 am

Enya SS40             Enya_s10
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Enya SS40             Empty Re: Enya SS40

Post  Ken Cook Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:47 am

Is that plain bushing? I always thought the SS series was ball raced. After thinking about it one sec I answered my own question and looking at the nose was also a determining factor. The engine is a bushed engine as the SS BB was the ball bearing version. The real question I wanted to ask was is this is a ringed engine. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:36 am

It is not BB and not ringed. New and unused but not stored very well - hence the staining on the exhaust.

Toying with either this or the OS LA 40 for the Nobler.

I wanted to use a Fox 35 and keep the Nobler all USA but here was the response I got from Fox Mfg.

"In these tough economic times, Fox has had to retrench and focus our limited number of
employees on the outside jobs that provide a profit.

With the price of motors driven by the Chinese imports, Fox engine profitability is limited.
At this time we don't have the ability to dedicate staff to our Fox engine department.

When the economy improves and outside jobs increase, we'll be able to resume engine
production.

Thanks for your support.

Fox Mfg."
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:36 am

Ian, while I'm a die hard Foxaholic  I can say this with the most certainty. Your better off without the Fox .35 stunt in your Nobler. While that statement might get my head removed, I've seen some very competitive Nobler's using the Fox .35. This however takes a certain kind of builder to do so and I'm not one of them. It's also not getting done using box stock wood. The debate can certainly be debated. Some say a heavier Nobler flies better, that might be the case, just don't do it using a Fox .35 stunt. Just keep in mind that the Nobler was designed around having a 7 oz. engine in the nose. Many fly the Arf Nobler using LA .40 which is approx 2.5 oz's heavier. The key to success using the LA .40 is proper fuel. 50/50 blend of synthetic castor and a non restrictive muffler coupled with the correct venturi. Many suggest running the larger LA's using the smaller venturi .265" but the .272-.280 works far superior but uses more fuel ( 4.5-5 oz's depending on altitude)Stock mufflers will do nothing more than give you a headache. Too much heat is retained and power loss. The correct prop is another which for us is the APC 10.5 x 4.5. Thunder Tiger makes some great low pitch and well made props like the 11 x 4.5.  The perfect modern match to the Nobler would be the Brodak .40 (7 oz. just like a Fox .35). I'm actually surprised you don't own one of these. Not currently available and hasn't been for nearly 4 years it's a great running engine.I also doubt we will see these ever return again to the marketplace.  Originally designed to replace the OS MAX-S .35 (Same bolt pattern and nose length) . The Enya however from the versions I've seen my friend Dennis using which are typically the SS BB versions are incredibly powerful. I would venture that the Enya 30 SS would fly a Nobler with authority if the model was built with weight in mind. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down