Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

You never know what you might find! Cox_ba12

You never know what you might find! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:40 pm

» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by duaneh Today at 10:52 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:45 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by GallopingGhostler Today at 2:34 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 12:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 12:24 pm

» Internet buy
by Ken Cook Today at 9:15 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:26 am

» Sherline lathe wont run
by getback Today at 7:15 am

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 7:38 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:12 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

You never know what you might find! Empty
Live on Patrol

You never know what you might find!

Go down

You never know what you might find! Empty You never know what you might find!

Post  batjac Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:56 am

Well, my step-son graduated High School earlier this year, and he’s moving in with us this weekend to start Community College next semester.  So, I had to clean out the closet of the spare room for his stuff.  I was moving the totes with the Christmas stuff, and opened up one with old modelling stuff, mostly GMP Cricket parts.  But, in a baggie in the bottom of the tote I found this:

You never know what you might find! DSCN2252_zpsb23bc071

SCORE!!!  Forgotten Treasures!  A throttled Babe Bee, a Silver Bee, two new 3-bladed props, two new and one used Cox grey competition 6x3 props, a spinner, a used .049 muffler and .049 wrench.  Plus, the special bonus items!  A new Kavan tank extender and a new .15 muffler.  The Kavan tank extender was purchased at Midfield Hobbies, so I got it in Midfield, CT sometime in the mid to late 80’s.  The .15 muffler I would have bought in the early 90’s.  I'm not sure why, as I didn't have any Cox .15 engines at the time.  Must have been an item of opportunity.  I’m not sure when I got the engines, but they would have to be mid 80’s or earlier.  Until I got on the CEF a little over a year ago, I hadn’t flown any Cox engines since the early 90’s, so these’ve been in their sandwich baggie for at least 20 years.  The engines turn over with no stickiness, so I must have oiled them properly before throwing them in the baggie.

The Amnesiac Pirate Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

You never know what you might find! Empty Re: You never know what you might find!

Post  Waffleman Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:21 am

batjac wrote:Well, my step-son graduated High School earlier this year, and he’s moving in with us this weekend to start Community College next semester.  So, I had to clean out the closet of the spare room for his stuff.  I was moving the totes with the Christmas stuff, and opened up one with old modelling stuff, mostly GMP Cricket parts.  But, in a baggie in the bottom of the tote I found this:

[u rl=https://s32.photobucket.com/user/batjac/media/DSCN2252_zpsb23bc071.jpg.html]You never know what you might find! DSCN2252_zpsb23bc071[/url]

SCORE!!!  Forgotten Treasures!  A throttled Babe Bee, a Silver Bee, two new 3-bladed props, two new and one used Cox grey competition 6x3 props, a spinner, a used .049 muffler and .049 wrench.  Plus, the special bonus items!  A new Kavan tank extender and a new .15 muffler.  The Kavan tank extender was purchased at Midfield Hobbies, so I got it in Midfield, CT sometime in the mid to late 80’s.  The .15 muffler I would have bought in the early 90’s.  I'm not sure why, as I didn't have any Cox .15 engines at the time.  Must have been an item of opportunity.  I’m not sure when I got the engines, but they would have to be mid 80’s or earlier.  Until I got on the CEF a little over a year ago, I hadn’t flown any Cox engines since the early 90’s, so these’ve been in their sandwich baggie for at least 20 years.  The engines turn over with no stickiness, so I must have oiled them properly before throwing them in the baggie.

The Amnesiac Pirate Mark

I wish I had cox engines just sitting around that I forgot about!
Waffleman
Waffleman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

You never know what you might find! Empty Re: You never know what you might find!

Post  Kim Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:24 am

Yep...a VERY good feeling to find these lost treasures!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:04 am

Nice find Mark I can relate , Man I got boxes of stuff I need to go through / going to have to sell some stuff soon ! don't worry Waffleman you will have in time as when you stat to forget Huh... RC Plane Babe Bee .049 Getback O yeah Mark that's 2 more planes to build lol!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Aero Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:45 am

Awesome find!
And, oh my, the hours I spent on my Gorham Cricket! That was an interesting copter.
Aero
Aero
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Aero wrote:Awesome find!
And, oh my, the hours I spent on my Gorham Cricket! That was an interesting copter.

PHOTOS/VIDEO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:53 pm

I LOVE Cox engines!  Since I was swapping around engines to get one for the BTC-4 to maiden this weekend, I took a product engine off of my Man-Win trainer.  So last night I converted it back to a Bee mount and put this Silver Bee on it.  Fueled 'er up and she started on the second flip of the spring starter!  As it's been over 20 years since I last ran the engine, I ran one rich tank through to loosen everything up, and then peaked the RPM on the second tank.  My tach was reading between 16,250 and 16,500 RPM using Sig 35%, three head gaskets, a yellow 5x3 safety tip prop, and a used glow head from the flight box.  I'm gonna set aside the Texaco head that was on it for another day.

Just can't beat an old Cox Bee engine.

The Swappin' Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:25 pm

I had a similar experience.

Married young I brought my small assortment of Cox engines and products along when we moved into a new house with an unfinished basement. Stuck the box of stuff up into the floor joists above the foundation and forgot about them.

Years later I insulated and panelled the basement and you guessed it, panelled in right over the forgotten box.

Again years later I went looking for the box and couldn't find it. More time passed when it finally dawned on me what I had done. Took down the panelling along that wall and found the box.

I still have the old cast crankcase Space Bug engine that was in there today.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down