Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! Cox_ba12

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 8:33 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I break for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 12:09 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! Empty
Live on Patrol

So...It DID Happen this Year !!!

Go down

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! Empty So...It DID Happen this Year !!!

Post  Kim Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:06 pm

So, after being a member of the Brotherhood of the Ring for three or four years now, it LOOKS like I might actually take part in this weekend's Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon.

Got going early, dragging out my damaged Super Ringmaster (a victim of "One-More-Loop Syndrome") and took down the little sheet wing Ringmaster Bipe that's been waiting for color dope for a year or two.

Mixing epoxy and spraying Brodak dope through the day got me to the point of almost having the Bipe airworthy, and almost-almost having the Super glued back together.

Got to run a buddie up to the Veterans Hospital in St.Louis tomorrow, but still got time to sling epoxy and sand some on the Super before before I go get him, AND probably make the mandatory stop at Scheffers Hobbies while I'm up there.

Ringmasters Forever...or...at least this weekend!!!

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 1_58

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 2_72

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 0_010

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 8_27

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 3_55

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 4_50

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 6_35

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 7_27

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 9_25

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 11_20

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 12_20

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 5_38

Last edited by Kim on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! Empty Re: So...It DID Happen this Year !!!

Post  RknRusty Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:14 pm

Those got good lookin in a hurry. Well it seemed like it from here anyway. I like the bipe. Nice spray job too.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Wow Kim!

That was a productive day.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks guys! Yeah, once in a while, the glacier breaks loose and slides a couple inches !!!

There's plenty of boo-boos here and there...'character'---I call it!....but they should be ready by Friday!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:27 am

How's the condition of that tank on the Super Ring? That would concern me especially seeing you have to go through what you just did to get it out. Was this damaged due to a crash? I certainly would pressurize that tank. Many times I yank out all the tubes and re pipe the fill and over flow all into the front of the tank for this application. I cut a hole in the F-1 firewall and slide the tank in prior to engine installation. I use additional tubing to pipe the overflow down and out to the ground .Ken        

It would certainly be nice to see BIG OTTO on that table being sprayed !
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:55 am

Nice job Kim.. I LOVE that BIPE!!!!!!!! and you're a good friend for helping your buddy out with a ride too. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:36 am

Ken Cook wrote:How's the condition of that tank on the Super Ring? That would concern me especially seeing you have to go through what you just did to get it out. Was this damaged due to a crash? I certainly would pressurize that tank. Many times I yank out all the tubes and re pipe the fill and over flow all into the front of the tank for this application. I cut a hole in the F-1 firewall and slide the tank in prior to engine installation. I use additional tubing to pipe the overflow down and out to the ground .Ken        

It would certainly be nice to see BIG OTTO on that table being sprayed !

Hey Ken,

Good point, I did test the tank when I was first going through the pieces and it was OK. I ought to have it back close to it's former glory here shortly. Even got a chin block from a rummaged-through original kit that's gonna be glued up under the old Fox. After that, and a little color dope, the old bird should be ready for the weekend!
AND...I bought myself a stopwatch in hopes of keeping a check on my inflight enthusiasm! Allan Brickhaus would be, if not proud, perhaps at least nodding his head that I took at stab at LOOKING professional !

Thanks for the thought about Otto! I'll drag him and a nose template out while I got all this balsa and paint flying and make him a new snout!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:41 am

I have a brand new in the box Big Otto sitting under my bench with no plans. We had one of our retired engineers draw it up on some film to scale. Not a whole lot of parts . If you need info or don't have it, I would be glad to assist you anyway I can. Allen would be most impressed. He's watching with a smile. Lately, the Super Ring has been showing itself in these parts of the woods . I've probably seen 4 of them in the past month. Pretty shocking actually, the Flying Fool is another I've seen much of. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 am

roddie wrote:Nice job Kim.. I LOVE that BIPE!!!!!!!! and you're a good friend for helping your buddy out with a ride too. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Thanks Roddie !

We'll see how it flies!  I finally got the bug to do a little wood AND painting work, and it's a hoot when I'm in the zone with this stuff !

My buddie Ed is sort of an airport icon...an old crop-duster, charter pilot, instructor, more-or-less-legal airplane wrench turner, rumor-to-be old-school aerial bootlegger, corpse hauler, cook, gun dealer, Conceal/Carry instructor, AND rumored-but-everyone-pretty-well-knows-it's-true transporter of professional female entertainment for a BUNCH of local, and state politicians back in the day.

We think, but don't have any direct proof, that the connections Ed made with that last item came into play a few years ago when one of our local pilots, a creepy self-promoting, pompous ass we eventually tagged with the call-sign "Boy Lover", was hired by the FAA as an inspector.  He immediately started puffing about how he was gonna take down Ed as his first violator.

When I asked Ed about this, he shrugged and said, "It'll be alright.", and then went onto another subject.

Suddenly enough to be obvious, Boy Lover stopped strolling through our line shack on his bi-daily visits...his stories of recent and future "take-downs" totally ceasing, and life at the airport cruised on with all the drama of a fizzled firecracker.

I have no proof, but just imagined that B.L. got sat down in a room and had his job parameters defined for him, like the hapless BATF agent in Nicolas Cage's "Lord of War".

Sorry for the tale, but Ed IS the stuff of which legends are made, and I get a huge kick out of being his friend...and sometime harasser as seen below:

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! Ed10

Last edited by Kim on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:55 am

Ken Cook wrote:         I have a brand new in the box Big Otto sitting under my bench with no plans. We had one of our retired engineers draw it up on some film to scale. Not a whole lot of parts . If you need info or don't have it, I would be glad to assist you anyway I can. Allen would be most impressed. He's watching with a smile. Lately, the Super Ring has been showing itself in these parts of the woods . I've probably seen 4 of them in the past month. Pretty shocking actually, the Flying Fool is another I've seen much of. Ken

Thank you!  I surely appreciate it.  I got the "Assembly Sheet" from Mr. Musciano years ago, and immediately made a bunch of copies...so cutting out and making a new nose has been more of a "Mood Thing" than a resource thing.

Yeah, Allen tried his best to impart a little discipline ( flying AND building) on me...much like taking a can of wax to a rusty old truck...and he's another one of the personalities I count myself lucky to have met!

I got a Flying Fool in it's box waiting for me...maybe THIS winter!

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! Me_and10

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! Scan610
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:08 am

LOOKING GOOD !!! I was just thinking myself TODAY would be a good day for some painting , got a couple that need it Very Happy I also like the bipe , is that a kit model ? never seen one before //nice looking color configuration . Getback Very Happy Airplane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:32 am

getback wrote:LOOKING GOOD !!! I was just thinking myself TODAY would be a good day for some painting , got a couple that need it Very Happy  I also like the bipe , is that a kit model ? never seen one before //nice looking color configuration . Getback Very Happy Airplane  

Thanks!

I got the Ringmaster Bipe from a member over on the "Brotherhood of the Ring" site...think his name is Pat King (I'll try to find out). He laser cuts several Ringmaster versions. I believe he also does a built-up version.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Here's some info...sorry that I got the guy's name wrong.

http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=2677.0
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! Empty little sheet wing Ringmaster Bipe ??

Post  getback Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:42 am

OK call me STUPID !! but i don't see it , Could you give me the other name for it ? Thanks Eric Very Happy PS. he does have some nice plans and the price is right Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:17 am

getback wrote:OK call me STUPID !! but i don't see it , Could you give me the other name for it ? Thanks Eric Very Happy PS.  he does have some nice plans and the price is right Very Happy

You ain't stupid...I wasted some time looking up the wrong name. Let me check again...he's over on the Brotherhood of The Ring site...but I don't have my password entered on this computer.

Let me check and I'll be back here in a moment.

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:40 am

OK...I may have been right the first time. I believe the fellow is Pat King. His email is: patdk@aol.com

His forum name over on the Brotherhood of The Ring is quickshift.

Sorry for the confusion...been a while since I was on there much...

Hope this helps.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Well, the balsa dust and Brodak Dope have been flying all around the Skunk Works the past two days, and there HAS been some progress.

My swap-meet Ringmaster is still getting attention, and shall be known (for obvious reasons) from this day forward as:  "Patches".

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 1_60

My little sheet-wing Ringmaster Bipe is hereby christened: "Pug" ...because it just looks like one.

So...It DID Happen this Year !!! 2_73

Early alarm tomorrow should get me finishing Patches...don't really care to drive to the field with a plane STILL smelling strongly of Brodak Dope, but a boy got to do what a boy got to do...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down