Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

What is it with some people Cox_ba12

What is it with some people Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Today at 3:45 am

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by latole Today at 3:20 am

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by GallopingGhostler Today at 1:59 am

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by GallopingGhostler Today at 1:42 am

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 3:07 pm

» Removing old decals
by latole Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:29 pm

» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by getback Yesterday at 6:46 am

» COX Postage Stamp engine -Babe Bee & Horseshoe Backplate adapters
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 6:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

What is it with some people Empty
Live on Patrol

What is it with some people

Go down

Shocked What is it with some people

Post  Davenz13 Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:39 pm

This last weekend was a three day one with Monday being a nationwide holiday so I went to stay with eldest daughter and family etc. On the Sunday Lee (a younger daughter’s boyfriend) and I decided to have a round of golf while some of the others went to a winery for a bit of sampling. Have spent the previous night and some of the wee hours of the morning sampling a fair amount of Mr Beams finest we felt the exercise would do us good. As we were about to start we were asked by two others if they could join us and make up the four. Golf being a very social sport this is the norm and a good way to meet others with a similar interest just like this forum so we accepted. My tee shot was a little wayward and one of my new companions then felt obliged to follow me to my ball all the time pointing out the problems that he felt had caused such a shot and then proceeded to tell the club and type of shot I should play next. Having been partaking in the sport for some thirty to forty years I feel I am reasonably aware of the purpose of the different clubs and I was fully aware of what I had done wrong and did not want to be constantly reminded of it. I politely ignored his suggestions and continued playing. Unfortunately he continued with his amateur coaching. I slipped into the conversation the large amount of bourbon, the four and a half hours sleep, the slightly fuzzy head and the game today for me was about relaxing and walking it off but to no avail, it seems he was Butch Harmon and he was going to set me right if it killed him. That threat was increasing by the minute but it wasn’t the coaching directly that was going to kill him. By hole three it was starting to really get on my nerves and was definitely not helping my game or my mood. At the end of the first nine I really should have called it quits, I was too angry now and was taking it out on the ball which wasn’t helping my game any and only seemed to fire my self-appointed coach to new heights.
I managed to avoid him as much as possible and was starting to finally settle and get into the game when on the sixteenth my tee shot went right and ended up behind a tree. Coach hit his to the left so I thought good, that’ll keep him off my case. My ball was right behind the tree with absolutely no shot to the green. As I contemplated whether to use a two iron or three iron to just chip out on the fairway I heard “You’re snookered, just chip it out”. Instantly the throbbing in my head increased dramatically and I felt my fingers clench around the head of the two iron. The pause I took to try to regain composure and tell myself that the life banishment from registered golf courses plus the possible prison sentence was not worth it (hardest decision I have ever made in my life) was obviously taken as a given that I was going try a shot because he repeated louder “There’s no shot just chip it out”. I paused again because now I if I took the chip shot coach is going to puff up thinking he’s finally got me to listen to him. The throbbing in my head was now a violent thumping and the grip on the two iron was such that you couldn’t have dragged it out of my hand with a team of horses. I turned to face him and through the red haze informed him that I had played the game before. I won’t bore you with the details of the rest of the conversation but on the drive home Lee said he felt I had handled it very well although he did say that prior to me speaking he was considering running away from the scene and telling the police he had never seen me before.
What it is with these people that, short of a brick to the forehead (or a two iron), just don’t get that unsolicited advice in this situation is nether wanted nor helpful. We did make it to the end of the round and I’m not wanted by the police (not for murder with a two iron anyway). I politely declined the offer of a beer in the clubhouse because I knew where that would lead, golf post mortem, more amateur coaching, loss of control and damage to a good vintage two iron.
Davenz13
Davenz13
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Shocked Re: What is it with some people

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Well, let me help you out..... Very Happy
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Shocked Anger management!

Post  Marleysky Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:10 pm

Wow, you did a wonderful job of hanging on to your temper and maintaining demeanor. I can fully appreciate your desire to rearrange his pie hole with a two iron. I don't understand golf, you have a little ball in your hand, you set it down and proceed to hit it as hard and far as you can. Then, you start looking for that little white ball. What's the point?  You had it in you're hand to begin with?  Anyways, I was in a league for 3 years, never got any better, never got worse either. Best part was, it was my employer's sponsored league, so I got out of work at 2:30 to go play golf with our customers!  The next BEST part was the 19th hole, on a company expense account!!      You should have just told the troll and his partner to just go on and play ahead. Then Bonked him with a drive!  

lol!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Shocked Re: What is it with some people

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down