Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Cox_ba12

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by cstatman Today at 6:58 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Today at 6:56 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Today at 5:38 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 4:58 pm

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by rdw777 Today at 4:32 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by GallopingGhostler Today at 3:31 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Today at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Today at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Yesterday at 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Yesterday at 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Yesterday at 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Yesterday at 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine)

Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine)

Post  garza2014 Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi

Here are some pics:

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image15" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image16" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image17" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image18" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image19" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image20" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image21" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image22" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image23" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image24" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image25" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image26" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image27" />

Alejo Colombia Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) 354952 Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) 1819690042
garza2014
garza2014
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty Re: Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine)

Post  crankbndr Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:45 pm

Very nice, quite a complex setup for that car. Will you finish the thread till complete? I would like to see it.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty Re: Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine)

Post  roddie Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:59 pm

crankbndr wrote:Very nice, quite a complex setup for that car. Will you finish the thread till complete? I would like to see it.

Me too! Meticulous work! Great photos!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty Pics

Post  garza2014 Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image28" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image29" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image30" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image31" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image32" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image33" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image34" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image35" />

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image36" />

Alejo Colombia Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) 354952 Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) 1819690042
garza2014
garza2014
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty I hope to finish tomorrow

Post  garza2014 Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:30 pm

crankbndr wrote:Very nice, quite a complex setup for that car. Will you finish the thread till complete? I would like to see it.

Yeah, I'll post pics until finish.

garza2014
garza2014
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty Alejo, you are so good and so...

Post  happydad Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:50 am

garza2014 wrote:

Yeah, I'll post pics until finish.

Alejo: You are so good, great pictures, complete from beginning to end and yet so mean. lol!  I am so jealous. You are so way ahead of me, I can never catch up with you. I have so many projects, run out of money, time and parts don't come, I will never finish the GTP Stocker. lol! lol! lol!
   I will post my progress when I find time. With the holidays coming, and grandkids have school off we are babysitting, (having fun with RC electric cars), I don't have much time for the stocker.
   Honestly I bought a Dromida Ominus Quadcopter and I have been learning how to set it up. It is great, easy to fly and very stable once setup correctly. And it costs a lot less than the larger quad I bought and have been trying to setup, update firmware, etc., etc., for the last 6 months.
   Keep up the good work and great pictures. I am downloading your pictures and printing all of them to look at up close when ever I have a question about the assembly of any section of the car.

Happydad RC Plane Futaba Radio Jeep United States Colombia
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:39 am

I envy you Alejo with the hate that makes me want Want want ,,, Beautiful man you make it look easy with the progress pictures . Thanks for sharing your build . Eric Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  David S Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:20 pm

Nice work! I am looking forward in seeing the car completed.

David S
David S
David S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty New parts

Post  garza2014 Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:26 pm

New parts arrived today:

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image37

Finishing car

Alejo. Colombia Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) 354952 Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) 1819690042
garza2014
garza2014
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty Finished

Post  garza2014 Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image38

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image39

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image40

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) <a href=Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Image41

Not a perfect body but looks fine.

garza2014
garza2014
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  David S Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Nice job Alejo! You did fine!

David S
David S
David S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  woodhick Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:49 am

Where did you order parts from? I have a Nissan GTP and a Stocker I am restoring but haven't been able to find all of the parts. Specifically, The zip starter has been the hardest part to find.
woodhick
woodhick

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty Parts

Post  garza2014 Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:27 pm

woodhick wrote:Where did you order parts from? I have a Nissan GTP and a Stocker I am restoring but haven't been able to find all of the parts. Specifically, The zip starter has been the hardest part to find.

Take a look on eBay Gascarman seller He has all the parts.

Alejo
garza2014
garza2014
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty Ask and ye shall find

Post  happydad Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:54 pm

garza2014 wrote:
woodhick wrote:Where did you order parts from? I have a Nissan GTP and a Stocker I am restoring but haven't been able to find all of the parts. Specifically, The zip starter has been the hardest part to find.

Take a look on eBay Gascarman seller He has all the parts.

Alejo
If gascarman doesn't show the parts you need, ask him. Also peterparisi11 gets car parts sometimes. If you need help finding these guys ask us and we can show you links to their ebay parts. I'm using my iPad now and it is easier on my PC.
  P.s. Garza did you get the pm i sent you recently?

Happydad Futaba Radio Jeep
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  cox24711 Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:00 pm

That is Smile I Love This Forum! cool!
cox24711
cox24711
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MeerschaumSteve Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Really nice job fixing up that engine for the car !

I am considering doing that for my GTP Nissan.

I still havent been able to run my car, mainly because I still havent located one of those idiot zip starters.

I have upgraded mine with a helicopter head from I think it was Norvel, should provide better cooling than the original clamp on one, and its lighter.

When you look at how the clutch assembly is, and how far the drive gear is from the actual end of the crankshaft, combined with the fact that the brake band pulls on the far end of the clutch assembly... The stress on the cox crankshaft must be huge when your running it. I dont understand how they dont snap off after moderate use. I just ordered a Davis Diesel crankshaft, supposedly the strongest crank ever for a reed .049, seems like it would be a good fit for this type of car.

Mine has a small crack in the white plastic engine mount, the large one that wraps around crankshaft on the clutch side. I'm a little worried about it, but I guess its normal for its age and the sad fact that its plastic. I keep hoping to find one still bagged on ebay, but so far, no luck.

Wish somebody here was a skilled machinist and could cnc some replacement parts for these old cars, good ones that wont ever break or crack. Smile

Let us know how it runs and any other changes you make!
MeerschaumSteve
MeerschaumSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MeerschaumSteve Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:37 pm

I just wanted to post an update.

After reading this thread, I sent a message to gascarman on ebay, and he does still have the zip starters!

I bought two of them, they arrived today, brand new in cox service parts bag.

Thanks to everybody here!

I really was beginning to think I would never find those things.

*EDIT* Aaand now a warning... the first time I tested one my new zip starters, it broke, right in the middle. I was gentle on it, but it still broke. So any of you that get these, be VERY gentle on them !
MeerschaumSteve
MeerschaumSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:32 pm

Great job on the build the SPI engine should scream with no muffler.
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:32 pm

Those zip starters are nylon, I believe (correct me if I am wrong) Nylon benefits from moisture. Boiling the nylon parts should reduce the chance of breakage. This has been recommended for props from time to time, and does improve the durability, I have had good results with props.

Put in a pot with enough water to cover to a good depth, say an inch, with something under the parts so the plastic cannot sit straight on the bottom. A steamer basket, or some butter knives... Bring cool water to a boil, boil about 5 minutes, then let cool in the water for about 30 minutes is my procedure. Store the parts in a sealed ziplock bag.

If the nylon is rotten then there is no hope for it though. There is no way to tell visually though. I have some props that even after boiling snapped off when trying to start.

Also, zip strips sometimes show up in the grocery store for cheap toys. Some of these are nearly identical to the one you need. Measure off the tooth pitch of your strip, or measure against a credit card, or something else you always carry, then you can easily weed out the not possible ones when at the stores.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty get back to gascarman

Post  happydad Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:15 pm

MeerschaumSteve wrote:I just wanted to post an update.

After reading this thread, I sent a message to gascarman on ebay, and he does still have the zip starters!

I bought two of them, they arrived today, brand new in cox service parts bag.

Thanks to everybody here!

I really was beginning to think I would never find those things.

*EDIT*   Aaand now a warning...   the first time I tested one my new zip starters, it broke, right in the middle. I was gentle on it, but it still broke. So any of you that get these, be VERY gentle on them !

steve: get back to gascarman and let him know what happened. He most likely will make good.
   Still putzing with which engine and which mount to use on my Stocker.

happydad RC Plane         Futaba Radio Jeep
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty Cox Stocker

Post  Bill steklenski Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:26 pm

This Car looks awesome!!! I have seen a few here and there over the years. If You run this killer bee Engine make sure to break it in! I installed a Killer Bee 049 in a Duneblaster and burnt it up. The Killer Bee Engines have the info in the little paper that comes in the box. I just picked up a 051 Killer Bee at a Collecto NIB. Maybe that's were it will stay.
Bill steklenski
Bill steklenski
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty Awesome Car

Post  Madguns Thu May 31, 2018 4:44 am

I just got one of these in very poor shape off Ebay. I plan on doing a full restoration in a few weeks myself. Gascarman indeed has ALL the parts. Very helpful to say the least.
Madguns
Madguns
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty Cox stocker

Post  Bill steklenski Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Have you run this car yet? I installed a killer bee 049 in my Duneblaster Dune buggy years back only to burn it up, not realizing the killer bee seems to be the only Cox engine I know off that needs to be broken in based on the instructions. I have a new in box KB 051 O may run someday.
Bill steklenski
Bill steklenski
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Cox Stocker from the beginning (killer bee engine) Empty cox gtp trick too start engines

Post  davidll1984 Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:23 pm

the zip starter is not need to start engine use o ring from 328 xi 3litre bmw oil filter cap works belt from rc cars mabe work bether start faster but dont flod engine wit just o ring wil slip if ful gaz or too mutch comprestion y use methode on my boat and my cars hellicopter

davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down