Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Cox_ba12

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by getback Today at 7:33 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:27 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed May 08, 2024 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Wed May 08, 2024 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Wed May 08, 2024 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Empty
Live on Patrol

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Empty 2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In

Post  Kim Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:30 am

Thought I'd start this thread to help herd together the bits of info around this year's S.M.A.L.L. Fly-in at Wrightsville, Arkansas (just South of Little Rock) this coming June .  I can have a tough time keeping track of P.M.'s and posts in threads with other subjects so, if you don't mind, can we repost them here?---Motel/Camping information, and even your own plans/planes, or 'On the Road Reports' for this great little meeting of the True Believers!

As it takes place, we could post our stories here, or tags for your individual threads, and have them all in one easy-to-find bunch for review.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6/2/2016 - 6/5/2016 -- Wrightsville, AR (C) SMALL. Site: Lost Squadron. Bobby Moran CD PH: 870-794-3038 Email: moran71602@yahoo.com. Visit: farmrcclub.com. Sanction #16/965. Come out and experience all types of models! RC/UC/FF. No indoor. Limited camping on site, first come first serve, hook ups. Raffle & Prizes. Come to the greatest Small event you've always heard about. Sponsor: FRATERNAL ASSN OF RC MODELERS FARM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In 1_17
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Empty Re: 2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In

Post  fredvon4 Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:48 pm

Kim I am still planning to attend

I have two options and I am leaning towards the Motel version

Drive my RV and camp on site....if this option, wife demands to come with and that means my 4 little dogs to manage

Or load a smaller set of planes in the Lincoln MKC, and stay at the close in Motel.

Either way I am mostly going to this event to meet you and any other CEFers who might get off butt and be there

RV eats gasoline at 5.5MPG, June is probably hot and my on-board gen set will only run ONE AC of the two needed

MKC gets 29MPG...motel is only $55 per night, and I have transportation to follow new friends to restaurants and drink have fun

plus Kim or others and I can escape for a lunch or bad weather hole up for a beer somewhere

That reminds me does Arkansas even allow adults to drink beer and booze....hummm research time
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:19 pm

Yo Fred,

Ain't got a clue about the beer, but there ought to be room in the van if we're hit by mid-day storms and need to duck and cover without totally breaking down all the airplanes. I'm planning on bringing my cargo trailer (once anointed with the honor of over night storage of some of Joe Wagner & son's flying machines!), and it's handy for quick cover.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  xplaneguy Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:14 am

Just 6 weeks to go! Smile
xplaneguy
xplaneguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=263724

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat May 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Still fussin fiddling with planes and equipment for S.M.A.L.L

I am staying Days Inn Friday 3rd and depart Sunday mid day for 7.5 hour trip

Got a smoking twin bed room vs a King in case someone need a free place to crash

Hope there is more from CEF than just me, Kim, and Xplaneguy
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  xplaneguy Sat May 14, 2016 10:27 pm

fredvon4-That's great news! Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks.

Yeah.....we need our Cox guys make a great showing this year...to prove to the model aviation community that "1/2A" is not dead. Rolling Eyes
xplaneguy
xplaneguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun May 15, 2016 8:11 am

Yeah, it'd be great to have a few more of 'Our Kind' show up! Gonna bring some of the 'Storage Locker Orphans' for adoption if anyone wants to give them a home.

Hardly touched a plane yet, been getting the yard work caught up, and giving the van a thorough cleaning out for the upcoming trips.

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Van_110

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Van_210

Gonna have some Fun !

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue May 17, 2016 9:15 am

Got several little flying machines lined up for their trip to Little Rock, but this will be "The Guest of Honor'...my Cox QZ PT-19...the plane that, for me, got all this silliness started. Outfitted with old school dacron and flying handle, she will be available for my C.E.F. buds to make a few laps if they're feeling up to it (photos or video mandatory!).

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Dsc_0015

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Dsc_0014

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Scan1310

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Scan210

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue May 17, 2016 9:24 am

I am amazed you still have The first one. It's rare to find anyone who can rightfully claim that. I actually have the cracked yellow spinner from my Stuka. It has a cool hole in it that my Dad and I decided was a bullet hole.

After recently watching people fly PTs on 20', I'm going to rig mine up like that for its next flight. I've been using 35'. Maybe it'll be a little easier to fly and less of a dance partner. Your handle looks like it has longer lines than that. The S.M.A.L.L. sounds like a great fun event. Please tell me what the name stands for.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue May 17, 2016 9:33 am

RknRusty wrote:I am amazed you still have The first one. It's rare to find anyone who can rightfully claim that. I actually have the cracked yellow spinner from my Stuka. It has a cool hole in it that my Dad and I decided was a bullet hole.

After recently watching people fly PTs on 20', I'm going to rig mine up like that for its next flight. I've been using 35'. Maybe it'll be a little easier to fly and less of a dance partner. Your handle looks like it has longer lines than that. The S.M.A.L.L. sounds like a great fun event. Please tell me what the name stands for.
Rusty

Didn't mean to mislead...this one is an Ebay baby...my original was gradually beaten to dust by a series of fledgling pilots as we introduced new kids to Control Line.  She is the same type though.  I think I got thirty foot lines on it...now I'm gonna have to break down and measure them so I'll feel all responsible and professional !!!

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In 8th_an10

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In 9th_an10

S.M.A.L.L. stands for 'Small Model Airplane Lovers League'  !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue May 17, 2016 10:07 am

Kim wrote:...I think I got thirty foot lines on it...now I'm gonna have to break down and measure them so I'll feel all responsible and professional !!!...
Haha, no need for all that.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue May 17, 2016 10:11 am

RknRusty wrote:
Kim wrote:...I think I got thirty foot lines on it...now I'm gonna have to break down and measure them so I'll feel all responsible and professional !!!...
Haha, no need for all that.

Oh No!  Must...Be...Responsible....after I haul Ed to veterans hospital today, OUT comes the tape measure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep...30 feet of pretty white dacron!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  xplaneguy Tue May 17, 2016 8:31 pm

Kim - The van/lodging facility looks tidy, the "Guest of Honor" looks ready and you now have a guy willing to adopt a few orphans. All is good in the world. Wink Very Happy

I burned some nitro yesterday running a .020 Pee Wee and TD in preparation for a fun week. I'll spent the next few days packing planes to ship.

Just two weeks remain.....can't wait my friend. It's tough to stay focused at work. RC Plane Smile
xplaneguy
xplaneguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed May 18, 2016 10:56 am

xplaneguy wrote:Kim - The van/lodging facility looks tidy, the "Guest of Honor" looks ready and you now have a guy willing to adopt a few orphans. All is good in the world. Wink Very Happy  

I burned some nitro yesterday running a .020 Pee Wee and TD in preparation for a fun week. I'll spent the next few days packing planes to ship.  

Just two weeks remain.....can't wait my friend. It's tough to stay focused at work.  RC Plane  Smile

Same for me dude...'cept I'm more like a cat with too many mice to chase! You and your daughter may be a shoo-in for the "Longest Distance Visitors"...of course, it's hard to say when dealing with this bunch!

Seems like you mentioned an attempt at getting the most Cox engines airborne at once so, in order to help that along if it happens, I may cheat a bit and deploy my 'Board of Engines' atop ye olde 3m B.O.T. !!!

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Sam_0410
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed May 18, 2016 2:36 pm

Dang, Dang, Triple Dog Dang! Heck!!    I won't be able to bee there. It' is definitely going on my Bucket List.  I wanna be there, my planes wanna be there. But, TOTTMBO, have given priority to  tasks to be accomplished, which will probably overshadow any possibility of my leaving town for that time period. BAH!    I so was looking forward to wearing my CEF Tee shirt, and swapping stories of the daring do feats done in the circle of flight. also the massive lift off of all the Free Flight Helicopters in one place at one time.  Here are 4 just ready to go.....did ya ever see a Honda Powered PT-19?  That's how I found it on Craigslist. I had to convince them it really was not that rare. Hey, Looky there, one JUST like Kim's:

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Small110

I may not be able to be there physically, I will be there in spirit(s) and offer a Toast to your ability to have more fun than you're suppose to, in large groups!

IF, by some miracle, the tasks at hand get completed and approved, I will attend the S.M.A.L.L. Fun Fly and join in  on the Festivities!!
( Que the Music and video from the opening sequence of the movie "The Big Chill" ........except I'll be driving a Ford Focus...not the Porche...(another Dang!)
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed May 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Marleysky

what do we need to do or send to get she who must be obeyed happy and you on the way to Little Rock in two weeks?
I can't drive up and cut the grass or wash the windows but I can help get the helpers
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed May 18, 2016 4:51 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Marleysky

what do we need to do or send to get she who must be obeyed happy and you on the way to Little Rock in two weeks?
 I can't drive up and cut the grass or wash the windows but I can help get the helpers

Fred, it's not She, She wants me to go. Go, stay, have fum, take your time coming back!!   It's the "T" as Those or Them, city government employees. Under the guise of "Neighborhood Improvement" they have NAZI like powers to impose their rules on your (my) property. As the "property owner" not the "Home Owner" cause I don't live there, but other young  innocent people do,  I have to hire Contractors to do the work, who have to take out city work permits ($), and city Inspections($$) I just can't scrape and paint the exterior, I have to utilize a "Lead Safe" painting procedures contractor or spend $450 or more for lead testing before beginning work to prove there is not leaded paint anywhere ( i've been told it is almost impossible to pass the no lead test, on a house built before 1979) it also take 45 days for test results and you're only allowed 60 days to complete the work..before they impose Fines ($$$) for being in violation, 1 for not doing it correctly or 2 for not having it done in a "timely" manor. Or I can request an extension ( please enclose $$$ with application, no later than 15 DAYS before the completion date on your violation notice)  Property Taxes, Income taxes, Business license fees and  Parking Fees are not enough to keep the city solvent. They plan on an additional 3 Million from Rental Registration Fees, and code Violation fees/fines. The average rent will only increase $99  per month per unit, due to these enforcement actions, per a recent Grand Rapids Press Article.   SO  higher rent means a better class of renters, Right??  HA ha , once I'm done jumping thru the hoops and hurdles of the Government that provides a safe and secure city, I'm getting out of the "Slumlord" business and retiring to my Rural Country Estate...as my current  property is zoned  outside the city  limits>
"Slumlord is a sarcastic term. The house i'm working on is the 1st house She (MLW) and I bought and lived in way back in the late 70's. we love this house.  We were "Flipin" Houses back then before the term "flipin' Housed became popular. so we'll fix it up, get it certified for Human Habitation, and flip our  first house, as the last one flipped!  IF I can get this inspector monkey off my back, i could use a day or three of relaxin', flyin' and sociallizin' with you guys for sure!!!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  xplaneguy Wed May 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Kim wrote:
xplaneguy wrote:Kim - The van/lodging facility looks tidy, the "Guest of Honor" looks ready and you now have a guy willing to adopt a few orphans. All is good in the world. Wink Very Happy  

Just two weeks remain.....can't wait my friend. It's tough to stay focused at work.  RC Plane  Smile

Same for me dude...'cept I'm more like a cat with too many mice to chase!  You and your daughter may be a shoo-in for the "Longest Distance Visitors"...of course, it's hard to say when dealing with this bunch!

Seems like you mentioned an attempt at getting the most Cox engines airborne at once so, in order to help that along if it happens, I may cheat a bit and deploy my 'Board of Engines' atop ye olde 3m B.O.T. !!!

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In Sam_0410
I was hoping you'd bring the BoE powered B.O.T. You're the reason I bought a B.O.T. ARF, that dang Olmsted video got to me. lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW2Dn1JZUbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN6vVy7xedM

Yes Sir....a sky filled with screaming Cox engines is the daily goal. Yeah.....I'm never growing up. Very Happy
xplaneguy
xplaneguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed May 18, 2016 5:57 pm

xplaneguy wrote:
I was hoping you'd bring the BoE powered B.O.T. You're the reason I bought a B.O.T. ARF, that dang Olmsted video got to me. lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW2Dn1JZUbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN6vVy7xedM

Yes Sir....a sky filled with screaming Cox engines is the daily goal. Yeah.....I'm never growing up. Very Happy

Bwrar...har...har ! Aye, those that look upon her see an ivory-winged angel...little knowing that she be a treasure-grubbing wench that sails away with a sailor's booty...arrr !!!

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In 4_24

Sorry...been a long day...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed May 18, 2016 6:11 pm

Marleysky wrote:Dang, Dang, Triple Dog Dang! Heck!!  

IF, by some miracle, the tasks at hand get completed and approved, I will attend the S.M.A.L.L. Fun Fly and join in  on the Festivities!!
( Que the Music and video from the opening sequence of the movie "The Big Chill" ........except I'll be driving a Ford Focus...not the Porche...(another Dang!)

Well, quadruple quintuple Dog Dang! I'll be channeling Good Mojo your way in hopes that you CAN run on down here! Your MLW sounds like an angel !!!

Good Expedient Luck with the tasks Dude!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu May 19, 2016 7:56 am

Yep exactly why I got out of the business of renting/leasing our moved away from homes

In our case we bought a home upon arriving at a new Army posting as cheaper than renting and the government housing was too small for our desires. Planning a three or more year assignment. However the Army gave us orders to move to Germany only 18 month into the ownership.

Long story short...a rental management company did nothing buy take my money monthly. On return to the USA we found the house vacant, trashed, and city much on my case about condition of yard... $15,000+ later we managed to sell it for a loss

Did not fully learn from that experience...wrote t off to not finding a reputable managment company that would stay in business and actively manage.

Next one was the true horror..... and makes Marleyskys long list of woes pale in comparison... all his grief ---PLUS the added grief of trying to get (in a renter friendly state) a destructive dead beat renter evicted.

Lesson learned again at a great capitol LOSS!

Hope you get it settled and can come out to play brother Marleysky
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu May 19, 2016 10:48 am

Well, I'm going hard-core positive attitude that we'll have some more of our afflicted show up. To that end, I am fearlessly taking on electrical matters today, giving the gluing and doping a break. So far, no smoke has escaped it's wires as I work toward getting the Blunderbus airworthy. My old school stuff (small Nicads and such) is slowly dwindling with age, and systems are getting cannibalized as I mix and match stuff, trying to get the gadgets to talk to each other.

Got a receiver talking to one of Bernie's red transmitters, and gonna them leave on for a while to get an idea of the flying time for charges, then all I got to do now is to shoe-horn the mess back into Blunderbus's tiny carcass. Maybe get a test flight in late today if the winds drop a bit...

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In 13_15

Last edited by Kim on Thu May 19, 2016 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu May 19, 2016 11:23 am

I was gonna start a new thread with my weather woes but here is good enough

I am old and beat the crap out of my body in the Army, got hit by a car on my motor cycle in the 80s, crashed in a Huey helicopter in the 90s, and recently crashed my own MC ....physically recovered but the resulting bone, muscle, and joint damage makes life a bit achy some days.

Lately (last two months) Texas has had much more rain than normal and is damp chilly a lot making me not too motivated for much.  I try to piddle around the shop each day while watching my yard get more and more out of control

I am carting a lot of stuff I will never use to sell at S.M.A.L.L after asking if tail gate sales were OK and they are

Hard to get a finish on a few models I want to bring, and time is running out but I think I can get the Bean done as well as final touches on my Big Otto.

I see up to .25 allowed so may take my new RST/RM with LA 25 along but it is not maiden-ed and trimmed and I am very self conscious of my flying skills but maybe I can con Kim into first flight with it

Kim post a photo of the van so I can find it when I arrive and try to park near you

I will be in a dark blue Lincoln MKC and as a very small suv packing is a challenge. But I think I can shoe horn about 7 1/2a and the Big 44" RST RM and all support equipment in... table and chair are the problems as is my 10' x 10' canopy I always take (shade)

I am used to having my large F-350 4 door pickups with danged near unlimited space

Anyway flooding day AGAIN, so just rambling on as the water further destroys our beautiful micro ranch (2.5 acres with 150+ trees)
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu May 19, 2016 1:39 pm

Yo Fred, here's the van, in all it's glorious vaness.

Man, I hate that all this crap is breaking loose down there. Hope you're able to get stuff settled and enjoy the getaway to S.M.A.L.L.

2016 S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In 15_13
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu May 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Kim.... I hope you can adapt to my mid afternoon need for adult libation....grin
I am really looking forward to this event

Ma nature has a plan and it seems to me--- to remake Texas in the the ocean it once was

I am on a modest elevation hill
perhaps lake front property real soon

Wish Duke and crowd in the PNW would steer this crap up and over to Montana.... Sorry admin (Jackob)
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next