Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 2 Cox_ba12

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 6:12 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:56 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:32 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 2 Empty Re: wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end

Post  RknRusty Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:02 am

nitroairplane wrote:What was the problem with what Bernie offered again?
That's kind of what I was wondering. I guess because Bernie's aren't Cox NOS. For a collector it might matter but for a flyer, Cox Int. is the superior choice.They should be indistinguishable unless a machinist investigated it by way of a hardness test.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 2 Empty Re: wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end

Post  John Goddard Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:33 am

RknRusty wrote:
That's kind of what I was wondering. I guess because Bernie's aren't Cox NOS. For a collector it might matter but for a flyer, Cox Int. is the superior choice.They should be indistinguishable unless a machinist investigated it by way of a hardness test.

And that would be a bit like a French Duck..
Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:35 pm

John Goddard wrote:
RknRusty wrote:

Very Happy
Huh... A French Duck??? Translation to American vernacular please? Even Google can't help with that one.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:03 pm

RknRusty wrote:

What unfortunately might happen is that OP may be offered a NOS; which may indeed be a "Cox International" one. Because they are indistinguishable, no one would know the difference.

Except for the handful we held back for engine production we have now sold out of the first batch of 1,000.

Because of some inconsistencies we have switched suppliers and are having them made in the USA. Again, they will be to Cox OEM drawings and will only differ in hardness and be less brittle to withstand diesel "knock". Pricing will likely go up a a couple of bucks but that is the price one pays for US production.

They should be in towards the latter part of June.

Bernie
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:24 pm

RknRusty wrote:
John Goddard wrote:
RknRusty wrote:

Very Happy
Huh... A French Duck??? Translation to American vernacular please? Even Google can't help with that one.

Brit sitcom Only Fools and Horses.-
In Cockney accents...

Del: One of my most favouritist meals is Duck à l'Orange, but I don't know how to say that in French.

Rodney: It's canard.

Del: You can say that again bruv!
Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  engine049 Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Cox International wrote:
RknRusty wrote:

What unfortunately might happen is that OP may be offered a NOS; which may indeed be a "Cox International" one. Because they are indistinguishable, no one would know the difference.

Except for the handful we held back for engine production we have now sold out of the first batch of 1,000.

Because of some inconsistencies we have switched suppliers and are having them made in the USA. Again, they will be to Cox OEM drawings and will only differ in hardness and be less brittle to withstand diesel "knock". Pricing will likely go up a a couple of bucks but that is the price one pays for US production.

They should be in towards the latter part of June.

Bernie

having them made in the USA! NICE! Weren't there any local manufacturers in Canoodle land? I know there is a lot of Manufacturing up there
engine049
engine049
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://TreeTiger.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Damn, price rising. I should have gotten the two I need while the gettn' was good. I have one of the crooked ones, and for some reason can't let go of it whenever I hold it over the trash can. I received it as a gift though, so it's the thought that counts. Smile

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:49 pm

[/quote]

having them made in the USA! NICE! Weren't there any local manufacturers in Canoodle land? I know there is a lot of Manufacturing up there [/quote]

There were a few in "Canoodle land" but our manufacturing decisions are based on many factors, mainly centered around providing the best value for our customers whilst providing sensible returns on our investments.

By the same token one has to to realize that our USA sales do not represent "majority sales" and many countries we sell to to could invoke the "why not manufacture in our country" clause.

We thouroughly value the sales to our US buyers, each and every one of them, but are cognizant that there are a few other countries in the world besides the USA on this planet.

Not meaning to incite another round of " No " but with this listing of yours (and you started this):

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/4x-Cox-049-Golden-Babe-Bee-Texaco-Black-Widow-Venturi-Fuel-Tank-Gasket-049-/260997829241?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc4aed279

your "patriotism" seems to be on the wane and I can assure you that "They ain't made in the USA"
lol!

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:54 pm

RknRusty wrote:Damn, price rising. I should have gotten the two I need while the gettn' was good. I have one of the crooked ones, and for some reason can't let go of it whenever I hold it over the trash can. I received it as a gift though, so it's the thought that counts. Smile

Sorry to hear that and, if the gift originated from us (even through a 3rd. party), just email Nichole and she will send you a replacement.

The price increase is not because of our desire to increase profits but rather because it costs a bit to manufacture product in the USA.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Thanks Bernie. And I do understand the reason for the price increase.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  EXModelEngines Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:40 pm

As others have said, the current production crankshafts that I (and Bernie) currently have available are $9.95 and feature manufacturing to Pre-Estes OEM Cox specifications, with the only difference being a change in the heat treating process to accommodate the ability to use them with diesel as well as regular glow fuel. In addition, the current ones have a small hole on the backside of the crankshaft, which is cosmetic in nature and was done to facilitate the manufacturing process.

New ones are currently in production and should be ready in early/mid June. They will be almost identical to the ones currently being sold with the heat treat.

From a collectors standpoint, I understand why you may want one from the original Cox production run in the mid-1990's. Having said that, they are nearly impossible to find by themselves, and you would be better off to buy a new engine if available.

Matt
EXModelEngines
EXModelEngines
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.exmodelengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:09 pm

EXModelEngines wrote:As others have said, the current production crankshafts that I (and Bernie) currently have available are $9.95 and feature manufacturing to Pre-Estes OEM Cox specifications, with the only difference being a change in the heat treating process to accommodate the ability to use them with diesel as well as regular glow fuel. In addition, the current ones have a small hole on the backside of the crankshaft, which is cosmetic in nature and was done to facilitate the manufacturing process.

New ones are currently in production and should be ready in early/mid June. They will be almost identical to the ones currently being sold with the heat treat.

From a collectors standpoint, I understand why you may want one from the original Cox production run in the mid-1990's. Having said that, they are nearly impossible to find by themselves, and you would be better off to buy a new engine if available.

Matt

I just ordered one from Matt, so far so good. Smile
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 pm

You still after one? This is the first time I have seen one of these pre-Estes cases in the factory parts package on eBay. It even has the correct shaft! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cox-049-killer-bee-engine-block-new-3405-/270986523647?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f180e33ff

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Admin wrote:You still after one? This is the first time I have seen one of these pre-Estes cases in the factory parts package on eBay. It even has the correct shaft! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cox-049-killer-bee-engine-block-new-3405-/270986523647?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f180e33ff

That is not something see everyday... First time I've see one.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  engine049 Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Well Got outbid @ 37
engine049
engine049
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitrosmeller Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:58 am

yes number 3405
nitrosmeller
nitrosmeller
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:03 pm

Winning bid: US $76.00 [ 24 bids ]

Like really ???

Is this even the real KB crank (hard to tell in the picture)
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  stevej Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:53 am

The '95 KB is in demand as it is approved by NFFS as a 'special eligible' engine for 1/2A Nostalgia Free Flight.
"Killer Bee .049, produced in 1995 (SE). Must be flown in stock condition, with no parts interchanged or modified, other than radial mounting or use of a Nelson vertical element plug/head."
stevej
stevej
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Perhaps but what does this have to do with the expensive bottom end?

With the parts we have here we could assemble the unit and it would be impossible to to tell the difference; hence someone could build a "Killer Bee" and use it in NFFS.

Of course, if one wnats an OEM part for a collector engine then that is another story and I can understand the high price.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  engine049 Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Bernie, I think he'd challenging the fact your killer bee crank will not be accepted by nffs because it is not OEM. Can you post the contrasting data? Depending on the spect 1 might challenge the nffs guidelines. Pics, weight etc?? Either way, He might be right Original is Original. Too bad they are not obtainable.

Last edited by engine049 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
engine049
engine049
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  engine049 Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:08 pm

This is like the post that will never die.
engine049
engine049
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:50 pm

engine049 wrote:Bernie, I think he'd challenging the fact your killer bee crank will not be accepted by nffs because it is not OEM. Can you post the contrasting data? Depending on the spect 1 might challenge the nffs guidelines. Pics, weight etc?? Either way, He might be right Original is Original. Too bad they are not obtainable.

The Killer Bee cranks are made to OEM drawings (especially the new batch currently in production) and it should be virtually impossible for anyone to discern these from OEM production.

I mean if the same drawings are used for old and new production, how would one tell the difference?

My point was why would someone pay so much money for the 3 parts. Unless of course they wanted absolue OEM to be able to say so (and that's fine).

What is scary is that, if someone down the road decides to sell such a crank as OEM, no one will know the difference.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  nitrosmeller Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:16 am

BUMP 4th of July Flag
nitrosmeller
nitrosmeller
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:01 am

OK, I will sell you a brand new OEM Killer Bee crank for $19.95 + shipping.

I will take it out of one of my Killer Bee collector engines and will guarantee its authenticity.

Then, I will take one of the cranks that we manufacture and put it back into the engine as I don't care when the crank was made as it will look the same as OEM.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  lousyflyer Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:31 am

Bernie, I purchased this engine from an ebay vendor (not Xenalook) several years ago. It was supposedly some kind of high rpm bee engine. They had enlarged the venturi of what appeared to be a surestart backplate and put some kind of special crank in it. Does this look like one of your cranks, or some homespun modification?
wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 2 Cranks10
wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 2 Cranks11
wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 2 Cranks12
lousyflyer
lousyflyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next