Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 3 Cox_ba12

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by MauricioB Today at 12:37 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:56 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:32 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 3 Empty RE: wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end

Post  66 Malibu Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:49 pm

LF,
I bought one just like that with the exact same features from Tim W. (Hypercolor Anodizing) in NC. The guy was a really good machinist that modified and sold quite a few modified SureStarts. I never actually ran mine but ended up making use of the parts on other things. It probably ran good but I was afraid of running a Surestart crank with that much metal removed. I actually believe the SS venturi was made so big that it would probably be hard to start.I may reassemble it soon and give it a whirl on the tach....

lousyflyer wrote:Bernie, I purchased this engine from an ebay vendor (not Xenalook) several years ago. It was supposedly some kind of high rpm bee engine. They had enlarged the venturi of what appeared to be a surestart backplate and put some kind of special crank in it. Does this look like one of your cranks, or some homespun modification?
wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 3 Cranks10
wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 3 Cranks11
wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 3 Cranks12
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 3 Empty Re: wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end

Post  Cox International Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:22 pm

On the balance of probabilities the crank is almost for sure from our production. Since OEM KB cranks are virtually non-existant (and expensive if one does find one) the seller would most likely not have used an OEM crank.

I also doubt that this is a Surestart crank that has been machined, due to the pinhole at the back. That hole was used to centre-grind our cranks.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 3 Empty Re: wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end

Post  Admin Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:36 pm

So Bernie, hows the new Killer Cranks coming along?

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:55 pm

They will hopefully be in stock in about 3 weeks or so.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 3 Empty re: killer bee crankshaft for nitrosmeller

Post  happydad Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Cox International wrote:OK, I will sell you a brand new OEM Killer Bee crank for $19.95 + shipping.

I will take it out of one of my Killer Bee collector engines and will guarantee its authenticity.

Then, I will take one of the cranks that we manufacture and put it back into the engine as I don't care when the crank was made as it will look the same as OEM.

Bernie: nitrosmeller asked me to pay for the OEM killer bee crankshaft you and he had been discussing for a while. please PM me with details and is it o.k. to ship to him when i pay? happydad Small Cox Logo

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:52 am

Happydad,

Here is a link to the product:

http://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-killer-bee-crank-oem.html

Just designate whatever shipping address you would like. Also, since postage is being paid, you can add whatever you like to cart without incurring extra postage.

Even though there is an available quantity of 3 shown, there is only one for sale. The extras are in case you don't complete checkout due to credit card # typo, etc (that blocks the inventory of the item and it is only released back into inventory when we manually delete an incomplete order).
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:59 am

Cox International wrote:On the balance of probabilities the crank is almost for sure from our production. Since OEM KB cranks are virtually non-existant (and expensive if one does find one) the seller would most likely not have used an OEM crank.

I also doubt that this is a Surestart crank that has been machined, due to the pinhole at the back. That hole was used to centre-grind our cranks.

Actually, I would like to correct my statement.

After getting back to the office and checking our cranks, I would say that crank is not from us. Our centering holes on the faceplate are bigger. That crank could then either be a Davis Diesel one or a home job.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  lousyflyer Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:38 am

Whatever it was, It turned out to be bent or out of balance because it wobbled out the crankcase it was running in. It is now on it's way to the city dump in a very large, smelly truck.

I do have a question: Other than the differences in the the grinding and heat treatment of the KB crankshaft, how does the finished weight compare to a standard crank?
lousyflyer
lousyflyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:50 am

Despite what one might assume, the weight is almost identical. Perhaps 1/4 gr less on the KB version. This has to do with the fact that the faceplate is thicker.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 3 Empty re: kb crank

Post  happydad Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Cox International wrote:Happydad,

Here is a link to the product:

http://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-killer-bee-crank-oem.html

Just designate whatever shipping address you would like. Also, since postage is being paid, you can add whatever you like to cart without incurring extra postage.

Even though there is an available quantity of 3 shown, there is only one for sale. The extras are in case you don't complete checkout due to credit card # typo, etc (that blocks the inventory of the item and it is only released back into inventory when we manually delete an incomplete order).

thanks bernie. in process. nitrosmeller will be soooo happy. happydad Small Cox Logo

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

wtb 1996 killer bee bottom end   - Page 3 Empty re: kb crankshaft

Post  happydad Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:06 pm

nitrosmeller wrote:looking for killer bee bottom end or just crank if any one has an extra
pm me thanks
nitrosmeller

found one cheap at bernies auto parts in canada. it's in the mail. happy birthday. hd Small Cox Logo 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:03 pm

happydad wrote:
nitrosmeller wrote:looking for killer bee bottom end or just crank if any one has an extra
pm me thanks
nitrosmeller

found one cheap at bernies auto parts in canada. it's in the mail. happy birthday. hd Small Cox Logo 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag

Futaba Radio

You da man. Hand Shake
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  nitrosmeller Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:42 pm

received the crank in mail
bernie thank you very much i have been looking for one for some time now and you came thur kudos to cox international you are the Fireworks thanks again nitrosmeller
nitrosmeller
nitrosmeller
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3