Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Need your help with new product suggestions - Page 4 Cox_ba12

Need your help with new product suggestions - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Prayers for my Wife Please
by fit90 Today at 7:34 am

» audio-tach anyone?
by balogh Today at 7:04 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by getback Today at 6:19 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Yesterday at 2:54 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:43 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by Admin Yesterday at 1:11 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:26 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 pm

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Need your help with new product suggestions - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

Need your help with new product suggestions

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Need your help with new product suggestions - Page 4 Empty Re: Need your help with new product suggestions

Post  Cox International Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:05 am

We have a selection of sheet metal screws, hex bolts, blind nuts, T-nuts, regular nuts and washers on the way.

As well as hinges, clevis', wire leadouts, building pins, servo EZ connectors, wheel collars and castor oil in 4oz portions.

Also, collets and backplates for Tee Dee 049/051 are being ordered for production today.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Need your help with new product suggestions - Page 4 Empty Re: Need your help with new product suggestions

Post  MikeM Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:33 am

dckrsn wrote:Need your help with new product suggestions - Page 4 Bernie10
I love that Jacob.
Outstanding! cheers
Bob

me too...i'm gonna print and paste this on my fuels cans...........
MikeM
MikeM
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:04 pm

No so much of new product I guess, but I would like to see some thinner timing shims (around .10 mm). The current ones are possibly good for removing SPI but I find them too thick, the thinnest one is now .25mm?
This is too thick for fine-tuning the piston height at TDC and/or setting the rotation of a cylinder for a better case to transfer-port match (one shim gives about a 180° rotation of the cylinder).
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Surfer_kris wrote:No so much of new product I guess, but I would like to see some thinner timing shims (around .10 mm). The current ones are possibly good for removing SPI but I find them too thick, the thinnest one is now .25mm?
This is too thick for fine-tuning the piston height at TDC and/or setting the rotation of a cylinder for a better case to transfer-port match (one shim gives about a 180° rotation of the cylinder).

Not a bad idea and I will look into it.

Thanks
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:21 pm

1. A new version of the RR-1 would be cool, but I know it's out of the ball park.
  2. Hex head tank bolts I would buy.... I hate flat head bolts. (ya I know they are screws.... to me a screw has a point)
  3. I'd be another one for metal backplates.
  4. I know it's not feasible, but if there was one CL Plastic RTF to make, it would have to be the PT-19...
  5. I'm still working on finding you an RC ARF, haven't found a good one yet.
  6. An engine display stand
  7. Some sort of ARF/RTF CL plane.... I don't like building Smile
  8. 049 piston key chain, I tried one years ago.... hmmmm... that's were that piston went... anyway you would have to epoxy the rod in place as the rod started to rip the skirt
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Remember, mostly items for $10 and less is what Bernie is looking for.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Ya I know... couldn't think of any...
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:30 pm

WingingIt74 wrote:Ya I know... couldn't think of any...
Yeah, me either. A $9.99 Tee Dee .049 would be great.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:31 pm

RknRusty wrote:
WingingIt74 wrote:Ya I know... couldn't think of any...
Yeah, me either. A $9.99 Tee Dee .049 would be great.

Dude.....pass the Cheetos...... Smile
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 pm

WingingIt74 wrote:
  1. A new version of the RR-1 would be cool, but I know it's out of the ball park.
  2. Hex head tank bolts I would buy.... I hate flat head bolts. (ya I know they are screws.... to me a screw has a point)
  3. I'd be another one for metal backplates.
  4. I know it's not feasible, but if there was one CL Plastic RTF to make, it would have to be the PT-19...
  5. I'm still working on finding you an RC ARF, haven't found a good one yet.
  6. An engine display stand
  7. Some sort of ARF/RTF CL plane.... I don't like building Smile
  8. 049 piston key chain, I tried one years ago.... hmmmm... that's were that piston went... anyway you would have to epoxy the rod in place as the rod started to rip the skirt
I believe the engine display stand might have real merit.
I’m thinking of the ones that consist of an acrylic sheet formed into a sort of modified Z-bend with the Cox logo.
Should fit within the price range even with a limited run and there must be many folks like myself that would like to display those engines that currently reside in shoeboxes.
Al Lenz
Big Al
Big Al
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:01 am

Like these?

I made this one from bendable poly carb. No heat required to bend. Kinda pricey but less tools needed.

Need your help with new product suggestions - Page 4 Photo_11
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Motra Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:28 am

I agree with the display stand suggestion. Even a simple wire type would be good but that might be hard to ship. I just bought a roll of wire to make some stands out of, I'll post my results. I have a collection of about 20 Cox engines (and still growing) and that's all I do with them. I don't even have the capability to start one. I keep thinking one of these days I'll order the stuff to mount and start one, but until then they sure look good on a shelf.
Motra
Motra
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:16 am

WingingIt74 wrote:
1.A new version of the RR-1 would be cool, but I know it's out of the ball park.
LOL - LOL

2.Hex head tank bolts I would buy.... I hate flat head bolts. (ya I know they are screws.... to me a screw has a point)
Fillister screws are not available in socket head I believe.

3.I'd be another one for metal backplates.
If you can front the $50,000 for the mould we'll look into the project.

4.I know it's not feasible, but if there was one CL Plastic RTF to make, it would have to be the PT-19...
If you can front the $80,000 for the mould we'll look into the project.

5.I'm still working on finding you an RC ARF, haven't found a good one yet.
Same here and I don't think they are really available

6.An engine display stand
That's a good idea and will look into it.

7.Some sort of ARF/RTF CL plane.... I don't like building
See comment on RC version

8.049 piston key chain, I tried one years ago.... hmmmm... that's were that piston went... anyway you would have to epoxy the rod in place as the rod started to rip the skirt
I think that is what the fellow who bought over 10,000 pistons is planning.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:17 am

Motra wrote:I agree with the display stand suggestion. Even a simple wire type would be good but that might be hard to ship. I just bought a roll of wire to make some stands out of, I'll post my results. I have a collection of about 20 Cox engines (and still growing) and that's all I do with them. I don't even have the capability to start one. I keep thinking one of these days I'll order the stuff to mount and start one, but until then they sure look good on a shelf.

We will be looking into the possibility.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Need your help with new product suggestions - Page 4 Empty 10,000 pistons

Post  fredvon4 Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Bernie I sent you a PM some time ago apologizing for the piston order after you posted about the imbalance of pistons to cylinders. Later I learned, in another thread, that you block PMs for these sites so I understood why no response...De Nadda

Please tell me / us that the 10,000 pistons some person bought were not from you....actually it don't make much difference as you can do as you see fit with your business to make the profit you need to keep the doors open

I Don't expect to ever really know, but some days I am very curious about your level of stock on some things

I would pay a lot more for a damaged METAL back plate than a pristine new muffler....jest sayin Two Cents

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:36 pm

Fred,

Sorry about the PM block but anyone can send email from the forum simply by choosing the email button instead.

We sold about 2,000 to the fellow and he allegedly bought another 4,000 from someone we know. He then wnated a production run of 4,000 "dummies" but I understand ge got them made somewhere else. We charged like $6 for ours to cover cost when we finally manufacture some.

Some stock we have enough for 50 years, some items will be sold out this year, likely forever.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:38 pm

Cox International wrote:some items will be sold out this year, likely forever.

Anything I need???
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:07 pm

Dunno... ask and ye shall be answered lol.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:12 pm

The engine display stand seems to be a viable project.

They would be like in the picture but get a Cox sticker included (unmounted as we don't want to infringe on someone else's Mark) instead of us installing the logo

Each stand would be customized and labelled according to which engine the buyer wants to mount.

We have to finalize pricing but it is likely going to be in $7.95 range including Cox sticker, pre-labeled for the engine and bolt holes pre-drilled for the engine.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Cox International wrote:The engine display stand seems to be a viable project.

They would be like in the picture but get a Cox sticker included (unmounted as we don't want to infringe on someone else's Mark) instead of us installing the logo

Each stand would be customized and labelled according to which engine the buyer wants to mount.

We have to finalize pricing but it is likely going to be in $7.95 range including Cox sticker, pre-labeled for the engine and bolt holes pre-drilled for the engine.

That sounds pretty good. Instead of being as large, how about a smaller "L" shaped Mount for bees and a "C" shaped mount for TDs? Yes the larger ones look nice, but for some of us, space would be a consideration.... just something to think about. Cost would go down as well, a little.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:00 pm

They have to be about 2" wide to provide stability and tank centreline 3.5" off the ground to that props don't bottom out when mounted with a prop.

But then, one could keep the prop horizontal if one has the storage space. These things would only be 2" wide, 5" high and perhaps 3" deep.

Not sure about TD ones right off teh bat as that adds an extra product and I have no idea how the Bee ones will sell. Right now we have enough "hot" product that is not selling but we made due to "popular demand".
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:26 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about the prop, you don't have to display one with the engine. I don't in my cabinet to save room for more engines.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:47 pm

I realize that, but some people do display with prop. Also, there has to be sufficient space for the 3-4 lines we will be offering as custom labelling.

I'll fiddle around with measurements once quotes are finalized and all costs tallied up.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  twitch Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:50 pm

What about stands like these? (See my personal album for more examples)

https://www.coxengineforum.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-twitch/img-4464-pic_635.htm

...Although I tried last year 3 times to sell them on Ebay for $5.00 apiece and never got a single bid!

Tim
twitch
twitch
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:19 pm

That would work too but we are getting quotes on the simple "Z" design to keep costs down and be able to provide the customization and mounting bolts for $7.95
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next