Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

#7 .049 cylinder Cox_ba12

#7 .049 cylinder Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Today at 8:55 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:26 am

» Internet buy
by bsadonkill Today at 8:19 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by getback Today at 7:42 am

» Sherline lathe wont run
by getback Today at 7:15 am

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 7:38 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:12 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:43 am

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:49 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

#7 .049 cylinder Empty
Live on Patrol

#7 .049 cylinder

Go down

#7 .049 cylinder Empty #7 .049 cylinder

Post  JPvelo Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:22 am

Received a couple of engines from eBay today, both in rough shape. One has a cylinder that is clearly marked #7. The cox wiki site says the 7 cylinder is the super rare medallion .051. I tore the engine down. The cylinder has two bypass ports with a single booster port on each bypass. The boosters are larger than those on a TeeDee. This fits the description for .051 medallion cylinder but this one is an .049. I tried a .051 piston in it and it is definitely an .049. Any info would be appreciated.

Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

#7 .049 cylinder Empty Re: #7 .049 cylinder

Post  anm2 Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:38 pm

JPvelo wrote:Received a couple of engines from eBay today, both in rough shape. One has a cylinder that is clearly marked #7. The cox wiki site says the 7 cylinder is the super rare medallion .051. I tore the engine down. The cylinder has two bypass ports with a single booster port on each bypass. The boosters are larger than those on a TeeDee. This fits the description for .051 medallion cylinder but this one is an .049. I tried a .051 piston in it and it is definitely an .049. Any info would be appreciated.

Jim
I have purchased #7 cylinders on line. Cox international actually sells them right now. I believe they were used on the Texaco engine. Mine are as you describe above.

Andy
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:43 pm

anm2 wrote:
JPvelo wrote:Received a couple of engines from eBay today, both in rough shape. One has a cylinder that is clearly marked #7. The cox wiki site says the 7 cylinder is the super rare medallion .051. I tore the engine down. The cylinder has two bypass ports with a single booster port on each bypass. The boosters are larger than those on a TeeDee. This fits the description for .051 medallion cylinder but this one is an .049. I tried a .051 piston in it and it is definitely an .049. Any info would be appreciated.

Jim
I have purchased #7 cylinders on line. Cox international actually sells them right now. I believe they were used on the Texaco engine. Mine are as you describe above.

Andy
I just saw that. So is the medallion .051 also marked #7 or is Wikipedia wrong?

Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anm2 Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:57 pm

JPvelo wrote:
anm2 wrote:

Jim
I have purchased #7 cylinders on line.  Cox international actually sells them right now.  I believe they were used on the Texaco engine.  Mine are as you describe above.  

Andy
I just saw that. So is the medallion .051 also marked #7 or is Wikipedia wrong?

Jim
Yes, The Medallion .051 is marked with a #7 too. I do not know why they used that marking system. It is a little confusing. Andy
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  tru168 Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:37 pm

JPvelo,

I have several of them in my product engines.
I have 2 type of #7, some without any booster port, and some with one booster port at each side.
both non SPI.
tru168
tru168
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:24 pm

Guys, We'll need to hear from Mud as he know more then anybody, but according to the late Joe Klause:

No.2. This denoted a single bypass. sub-piston induction cylinder. The top fin was not milled. This type was used on the Golden Bee, however, the cylinders were not always numbered.
No.3. A two bypass cylinder that initially did not have the bottom of the exhaust ports milled low enough to provide sub-piston induction. Later, the exhaust milling permitted sub-piston induction, and the outside was ground for use with an exhaust-restrictor type throttle, and the top fin was milled.
No.4. This was made for T.D. .049 engine. There are two bypasses, each with three separate milling cuts. and the bore is tapered. The exhausts allow sub- piston induction and the top fin is milled.
No.5. This has the same features as number 4, however. the bore is .410
inches. It is used on the T.D. .051.
No.6. Twin bypass, no sub-piston induction. and milled top fin. Some were externally ground for restrictor throttles.
No.7. The same as number 2, but with a milled top fin.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:40 pm

tru168 wrote:JPvelo,

I have several of them in my product engines.
I have 2 type of #7, some without any booster port, and some with one booster port at each side.
both non SPI.
Bernie sells both of those.

Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down