Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 8:23 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Today at 8:06 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Then getting back on the bike...!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 2 Empty Re: Then getting back on the bike...!

Post  balogh Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:55 am

Hi Mauricio, all the best and have a fast recovery...well I also had my turn with the butcher in 1991, even more so, twice, because the first operation did not go well and had to be repeated on fresh wounds within a week, because the bleeding did not stop...I recall the pain after the operation , so all my sympathies go to you..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 2 Empty Re: Then getting back on the bike...!

Post  getback Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:15 am

Mauricio my Friend Good to hear from you and your on your way to recover from this Painful adventure . Take care and just try and enjoy the time off (read some modeling books )              
         Small Cox Logo RC Plane Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:27 am

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:36 am

Glad to see you're up and keeping your sense of humor during an uncomfortable recovery.

With the advances in modern medicine, I think we have become a little too complacent about treatment and surgery and tend to forget that healing and pain are still with us, albeit better managed today with medication. Your smile is a welcome indicator that you've got things under control. Get well soon, my friend.

a--
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:23 pm

Wishing for you a speedy recovery Mauricio!!!…. May your pain subside quickly….Looking forward to more high speed passes with your P-51… God bless

Robert
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:12 pm

friends thanks for joining in this!
Now I realize why my smile in that photo, well, was under the effect of anesthesia and a lot... Now at home, the pain is incredible, a lot of medication and today I gave myself injections, well, the pain makes me scream I have never experienced pain like this!...with the injection calms down...a little calms down, maybe I must be lazy, but it hurts!
András, operate twice on top of the previous injuries??!!!, that's very hard, very hard friend.... you'll never want to go back to that experience, I imagine.
Today I have been 8 days since the operation and the pain does not loosen, if it is not due to the injection, it does not loosen.... the doctor says that it is normal!.... I hope so!
I saw the news: My condolences to the friends and relatives of the fatal accident in Texas, regarding the collision of the two aircraft of the second world war in the air parade. I'm so sorry. United States Argentina
My heart with you!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:02 pm

Mauricio, I am glad to hear that you decided to receive the operation, and that it was successful. Yes, es comprensible el debajo tiene una razón que tiene dolor por un momento, Sad es muy sensitivo. Shocked No obstante, lo debería curar rápidamente. It is understandble the "bottom" Very Happy has a reason to have pain for a moment, is very sensitive. However, it should heal quickly. Very Happy

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 2 2022-010

This was my back a week after surgery 6 months ago, with 15 staples. Sad Rash is from using an incompatible soap. Doh! But because of it, I now feel much better. Smile
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:29 pm

Hey friend GallopingGhostler , that is a wound!! Sad Sad Sad ....what has happened to you there???, have they worked on your column?...that must be hard friend!
I'm glad it's better...
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:27 am

MauricioB wrote:Hey friend GallopingGhostler , that is a wound!! Sad  Sad  Sad ....what has happened to you there???, have they worked on your column?...that must be hard friend!I'm glad it's better...
Remove bone spurs touching nerves from 5 vertebrae, laminectomy on 3 vertebrae to create room for spinal nerves, trim 1 disk herniation away from nerve. Before, I could only walk for 15 minutes or less, after herniation last March, could not straighten myself, was hunched over, using a walker. Had pain radiating down my right leg for past 5 years. Now I can walk without problems. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:26 am

Damn George that makes me hurt looking at it !! Shocked 5 Years WoW I bet you do feel better Now ! Laughing
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:29 am

Glad you got that fixed and are feeling better George… Must have been very painful…. I’ve been fortunate so far… Only an abdominal hernia that was repaired robotically about a year ago….Let me go home same day
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:09 pm

Thanks, all. Actually, once the surgery was done, healing was relatively quick, had 2 months physical therapy, then the surgeon released me, good to go. Spent the last 4 months in my own physical therapy at the gym. I don't tire out standing like I used to. Still, taking care not to push my luck. I don't want to undo what has been done.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:47 pm

So with multiple units of this Surprised :
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 2 Img-2229

I can try to progress on this:
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t15064p25-new-project-loop-graupner-glow#216582

I Love This Forum! I Love This Forum! I Love This Forum! I Love This Forum! I Love This Forum! I Love This Forum!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:49 pm

Maricio, porque tienes buena condición física y buena salud, creo que encuentras solo usando los medicaciones por un tiempo corto, entonces no lo necesitas.
Mauricio, because you are physically fit and in good health, I think you will find that you will be only using those medications for a short time, then will not need them. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:28 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:Maricio, porque tienes buena condición física y buena salud, creo que encuentras solo usando los medicaciones por un tiempo corto, entonces no lo necesitas.
Mauricio, because you are physically fit and in good health, I think you will find that you will be only using those medications for a short time, then will not need them. Very Happy

Oohhh friend!, you speak Castilian - Spanish??...it makes me very happy if it is so!
Certainly yes, these medications are temporary and are precisely to relieve pain in the healing process of the wound, it is also a muscle relaxant that makes me lower my body tension and therefore I can feel better, a muscle relaxant.
Hug dear friend and I am very happy that before such an operation you are very well, I am glad for this great change in your life!

Oohhh amigo!, tu hablas castellano - español??...me da mucha alegría si es así!
Ciertamente sí, estos medicamentos son temporales y son justamente para aliviar el dolor en el proceso de curación de la herida, además es un relajante muscular que hace que, yo mismo baje la tensión corporal y por ello pueda estar mejor,  un relajante muscular.
Abrazo querido amigo y me alegra mucho que ante semejante operación estés muy bien, me alegra ese gran cambio en tu vida!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:38 pm

MauricioB wrote:Oohhh friend!, you speak Castilian - Spanish??...it makes me very happy if it is so!
Certainly yes, these medications are temporary and are precisely to relieve pain in the healing process of the wound, it is also a muscle relaxant that makes me lower my body tension and therefore I can feel better, a muscle relaxant.
Hug dear friend and I am very happy that before such an operation you are very well, I am glad for this great change in your life!

Oohhh amigo!, tu hablas castellano - español??...me da mucha alegría si es así!
Ciertamente sí, estos medicamentos son temporales y son justamente para aliviar el dolor en el proceso de curación de la herida, además es un relajante muscular que hace que, yo mismo baje la tensión corporal y por ello pueda estar mejor,  un relajante muscular.
Abrazo querido amigo y me alegra mucho que ante semejante operación estés muy bien, me alegra ese gran cambio en tu vida!

Hola amigo, lamentablemente Very Happy me aprendía español por las clases en la universidad local. What? Por supuesto, las lecciones estaban en el idioma de mexicano. Huh... No obstante, soy mi propia lengua, jajaja. Very Happy

Hello friend, unfortunately I learned Spanish from the local university's classes. Of course, the lessons were in the Mexican language. However, I am my own language.

Sí, la cirugía me ayudó muy buena. Todas las cosas parecen buenas aquí y futura. Very Happy Yes, the surgery helped me very well. All the things seem good here and future. Entonces parece no necesitas la medicina pero un corto tiempo. Tuve lo misma experiencia. Then it seems you don't need the medicine except for a short time. I had the same experience. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:48 pm

Dear friends, tomorrow, Tuesday, I am traveling to the city of Rosario, about 180 km from my city, where I had surgery. It is planned to visit my Surgeon Doctor and see what he tells me.
Personally I feel very happy to see the progress, although there is pain, things have changed radically. I think that for another 30 or 40 days, I will not be able to touch my bike, but it is worth the wait, after this surgery, everything is better.
I will enjoy a few rides in it and I will start burning calories again.
Until then... see you when you return God willing.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:05 am

Buena suerte mientras a tu cita de médica mañana, Mauricio. Good luck while at your medical appointment tomorrow. Para el asiento por la bicicleta, ¿posiblemente lo puede cambiar a asiento especial? For the seat on the bicycle, possibly can you change it to a special seat? Por el ejemplo:

https://smile.amazon.com/-/es/dp/B089ZS85Y3/

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 2 61w-m310

Entonces creo que puedes conducir la bicicleta inmediatamente, ¿no? Very Happy
Then I believe that you can ride the bicycle immediately, no? (Por supuesto, debes hacer la cosa correcta. Of course, you must do the right thing.) Thumbs Up
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:38 am

Happy your recovery is progressing Mauricio and we hope you get a good report from your physician….My pickup truck has been in the shop for the past few weeks so I have not been able to transport my bike to where I ride…. So I have been taking the car and just walking it until I get my truck back….. Still nice for the outing….Maybe something similar for usted? Very Happy Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 2 1eabd010
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:42 am

Good deal , my friend let us know how you are after the visit Very Happy Nice
looking western trail Robert Smile
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:55 am

hello friends, well, it's been a few days since I visited the doctor and after the visit, he is seeing the progress very favorably. For my part, day by day I see how the pain begins to disappear, it takes time, but we are doing very well.
Internal hemorrhoids (like I had), unlike external ones, require deeper surgery and more recovery time, so everything is normal.
Regarding the bicycle, the doctor told me that for two months I shouldn't put my butt in the chair, just have patience, go for a walk to clear my mind and burn calories, that after that time, we see my symptoms and I will probably be able to cycle again. The ideal for internal hemorrhoid surgeries is 3 months, but time will give the best result.
I am very happy, the intestinal discomfort is gone completely, that is an enormous pleasure, only discomfort remains after going to the bathroom, which lasts an hour and then passes, something normal.
I am very happy not only to share hobby things with all of you, but also these things, because I really feel very lucky to be here, CEF... hugs and thanks!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:28 am

Mauricio, It is good news that the operation went well and you are recovering! Healing can be a slow process, but follow your Doctors instructions for the best results, You will be back on the bike before long. Stay Healthy!!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:05 pm

So glad that your are getting better Mauricio and that things are going well.

Most wounds (and accidents) are self-inflected. As mentioned previously I twice shared your problem, only external not internal. Self-inflected as I was not eating healthy. To many of those Toll-House cookies etc.. I hope that you have a dietition advising you.

Self-inflected. At four years old while standing in the middle of the road watching my father I was hit by a car, six weeks in a hospital and a direct blood transfer from my mother saved my life. Washing windows while standing on a poorly placed ladder broke my leg, 3 plates and 13 screws hold it together today. Lifting my daughters broken garage door resulted in an inguinal hernia, I felt it pop. All (and more) my fault.

Be careful out there. Your your own keeper for better or worse.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:25 pm

Glad to know you are healing well Mauricio!!! I got my truck back back from the shop so I’m able to go again….. I look forward to see you out on the trail when you are able friend Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:38 pm

Glad to see you are healing, Mauricio, in no time you'll be back on your bike and racking up the distances again. Very Happy Thumbs Up
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next