Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Cox_ba12

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 6:12 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:32 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

Then getting back on the bike...!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Empty Re: Then getting back on the bike...!

Post  balogh Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:47 am

Way to go, Mauricio...
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Empty Re: Then getting back on the bike...!

Post  MauricioB Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:43 am

Thanks guys, yesterday after a few days I came back to the club and I really enjoyed it, I am very thankful to God for my health, while I was walking around the club, I enjoyed nature itself, the park, the air, those crazy dogs that are always there and I can't be more than grateful!! Life itself is certainly a beautiful gift and being able to enjoy it to the full.
I wish health to all of you and thank you for being part of all this.
Hugs! Argentina
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2236
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Screen29

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:05 pm

Yesssss, I went for a bike ride again!!!....
Yesterday was my visit to the surgeon and he told me that everything is going very well, that I can now use the bicycle and that if I have any discomfort I shouldn't do many kilometers, but if everything goes well, have fun! ..so i took my bike and started pedaling.....seems like my butt doesn't care, and it was 10 and 20 and 30 and i got to 50 km and everything was fine, there is a little discomfort, but the doctor says which is It will go with the successive days, they are typical of surgery.
I am very happy, it is almost time for my final medical discharge, but in the meantime I can enjoy cycling again. To God all my thanks!
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2241
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2242
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 20230210
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:11 am

Way to go, Mauricio! Before I changed my bike to.my little Honda 7 years ago, I added a silicone padded cap to the seat of my bike, that made cycling over our yearly ride around our lake Balaton (204km in 13 hours) very comfortable..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:09 am

Very Good m my friend you look Happy and that makes me happy ! Stay healthy ! sunny Beer Cheers
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:31 am

well done Mauricio! Great recovery. Thumbs Up Your obvious joy at riding the bike and that of others on the forum has inspired me to get a bike (pedal type) for myself to add to my walking that I do to try and stay fit. Im sure I can find some good/nice rides around my area out here away from the city in the bush. cheers sunny

GaryB
'Yabby'
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:49 am

That is great news Mauricio!!! Gracias a Dios!!!…. I’m sure it felt wonderful to go to that beautiful country road again on your bike, Very happy for you friend…. I continue to ride mine to help with blood pressure issues….Please continue to post a photo from time to time….It is still several weeks away but I look forward to the cactus blooming this spring…

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 3214b510
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:57 pm

András dear friend, yes, I have the seat with silicone padding, that helps a lot so that the butt does not suffer!! ha ha
Yes Eric, dear friend, I feel happy, this time have been studies and biopsies, it seems that everything had to do with internal hemorrhoids, nothing serious. That makes my life happy.
The surgery and post-surgery is very painful, but it is only about recovery time, it seems that life smiles at me and I thank God for that!-
Yabby, thank you for your comment, I am very happy to know that you feel like cycling, it is very healthy and maintains your physical condition. I hope to see photos and your adventures with a bicycle!
Roberto, thanks for his comment, I am very happy to see that he is active, I sincerely appreciate what you do!
Yes friend, I will share photos and also some video showing some bike tour!
A big hug to all!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:24 pm

Hello!, on Sunday I did a 3 1/2 hour drive to cover about 61 km...it was beautiful to drive those lonely rural roads...here are some photos!
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2243
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2245
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2244
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2246
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2248
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2247Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2250
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2251
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2249
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2252
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:30 pm

Hola Mauricio, sus tierras son muy interesante, como Nuevo México y el Estado de Téxas cercano, la iglesia incluida también. Hi Mauricio, your lands are very interesting, like New Mexico and the State of Texas nearby. ¡Eso viaje de 61.2 kilometros (37.3 millas) en su bicicleta es muy impresionante! That 61.2 km (37.3 miles) ride on your bike is very impressive! Very Happy

¡Buen ejercicio y trabajo! Good exercise and work! Thumbs Up
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:34 am

Very Nice rural area for a bike ride , I see it end of summer there end of winter here in southern US . Still wish we could hook up for some flying and adventure ! Thank you for taking us along on a beautiful day out riding enjoying Life ! Very Happy I Love This Forum!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:03 pm

Sunday 02/19/2023
We are going with 75 km!!... the rear does not inform me of breakdowns hahaha lol!
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2269
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 20230218
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 20230219
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2270
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 20230220
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 20230221
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2271

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:39 am

Way to go, Mauricio..back in the day before I spoiled myself with my little Honda, we used to bike with my colleagues a lot. After 204 km-s a day I had mainly my thighs muscles stinging, the buttocks did quite well thanks to the silicone padded saddle.

Are any if your muscles in some pain after a long distance ride, and which muscles?
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:31 am

We are going with 75 km!!... the rear does not inform me of breakdowns hahaha

Clapping  Way to go X2 Mauricio!!!!!

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:41 pm

Hi guys, well I'll tell you that on Sunday I did about 89 km on the bike and everything is going very well.
Today, Tuesday, I traveled to the city of Rosario to visit my surgery doctor, he finally discharged me, that is, everything is over!
The very insignificant discomfort that you may have will go away with time, they are typical of surgery, everything is normal.
So, I want to share a photo with the Doctor who operated on me and who graciously agreed to take a photo with me. I am very grateful to Dr. Raúl and to you (my friends from the forum) for accompanying me.
Thank you!
Every day I remember God and I thank him infinitely.
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2275
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img-2276
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 20230331
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:39 pm

¡Bravo! 89 kilómetros (54 millas) fue un viaje impresionante, Mauricio. 89 km (54 miles) was an impressive journey. Aún no puedo hacer eso. Even I can't do that. Ese doctor es una persona muy talentosa. That doctor is a very talented person. 👍
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:43 pm

balogh wrote:Way to go, Mauricio..back in the day before I spoiled myself with my little Honda, we used to bike with my colleagues a lot. After 204 km-s a day I had mainly my thighs muscles stinging, the buttocks did quite well thanks to the silicone padded saddle.

Are any if your muscles in some pain after a long distance ride, and which muscles?

Hi András, 204 km!!!...it's a lot!
It takes me about 4 hours to do 89 km, so you do the 204 km,...how many hours did you pedal per day?
After doing 89 km, I don't feel discomfort, I really feel very good, I could say that my quadriceps show some sensation, but nothing that doesn't allow me to do something else...
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Muscul10
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:45 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:¡Bravo! 89 kilómetros (54 millas) fue un viaje impresionante, Mauricio. 89 km (54 miles) was an impressive journey. Aún no puedo hacer eso. Even I can't do that. Ese doctor es una persona muy talentosa. That doctor is a very talented person. 👍

Thanks my friend!!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:30 pm

Mauricio,

The 204km was covered in about 13 hours. We usually started out at 5.30 in the morning and cycled around the lake then arrived back at 18.30...19.00

I completed that on 5 consecutive summers. The last time - I think in 2013- I also swam across the lake without any particular preparations, and my right knee was overstretched during the 5.2km. So when I took the cycle circle the following occasion, my knee gave up half way, and I finished my circle with a ferry across the lake.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:38 am

On our recent trip to New Zealand I drove while Janet rode.  She joined two friends and they rode five days on a popular rail-trail (abandoned train lines).  Much of the riding was fairly easy going in the earlier part.

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img_2059
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img_2060
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img_2058
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img_2061

After finishing the rail trail

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img_2062

Things became a little more challenging.
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img_2063
This platform has been built as there was no way to put a trail in along this section.
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img_2064

Even to the point that a water taxi operates to carry the riders to the next section of trail.
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img_2065

It's so remote that boats come in to provide refreshments as there's no road access nearby.
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img_2066

The end! Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img_2067
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 Img_2068

Pretty easy ride for Janet.  Her friend struggles a little and walked a lot to the steep areas.

Then, time to be tourists.  Slow boat!
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 20230110

Tall mountains.
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 20230210

Fast boat!  (That's us front and centre). I will admit, after the tenth 360º spin I started turning a little green.  The fact that a kid threw up behind me probably didn't help.   Laughing
Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 20230211
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:27 am

balogh wrote:Mauricio,

The 204km was covered in about 13 hours. We usually  started out at 5.30 in the morning and cycled around the lake then arrived back at 18.30...19.00

I completed that on 5 consecutive summers. The last time -  I think in 2013-  I also swam across the lake without any particular preparations, and my right knee was overstretched during the 5.2km. So when I took the cycle circle the following occasion, my knee gave up half way, and I finished my circle with a ferry across the lake.

dude, that's awesome, a lot of effort there.
In my case and as I did at the beginning of this thread, the bicycle is a recreational medium, since I am not a cyclist, I see it as a companion to achieve better physical condition and it really helps me.
I live in a completely flat place, so the landscapes are very similar or almost all the same, even so I like to find new paths lost in the middle of the field, that entertains me a lot.
The idea of doing this activity is precisely to try to stay healthy, in short, it is beautiful to ride a bicycle through nature, clearing your mind and realizing how wonderful life is with simple moments, but so intense at the same time in the nature.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:33 am

Oldenginerod:
beautiful tour, thanks for sharing your adventures, the place is very interesting.
I really like solitary places, they generate an extra adrenaline rush, like an explorer waiting to see what he finds.
Thanks again for your photos and experiences!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:48 am

Very glad you are back to normal Mauricio, And an impressive ride as well Very Happy ….. Andras and Rod’s wife really covered some distance as too…..These days I only go about five miles in one hour’s time but it is rough and rocky with a good bit of climbing…. Provides some upper body work out as well…. My ride app indicates about a 400 - 500 calorie burn… I do this two or three times per week….

”The idea of doing this activity is precisely to try to stay healthy, in short, it is beautiful to ride a bicycle through nature, clearing your mind and realizing how wonderful life is with simple moments, but so intense at the same time in the nature.”

That is exactly the same reason I do this Mauricio…. I take time to observe and take in nature while I am there…. So pleasant….

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 D287f010
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:29 pm

Mauricio! Hello my friend! I'm very glad to see that you've fully recovered from such a painful procedure.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:25 am

rdw777 wrote:
”The idea of doing this activity is precisely to try to stay healthy, in short, it is beautiful to ride a bicycle through nature, clearing your mind and realizing how wonderful life is with simple moments, but so intense at the same time in the nature.”

That is exactly the same reason I do this Mauricio…. I take time to observe and take in nature while I am there…. So pleasant….

Then getting back on the bike...! - Page 3 D287f010

we're in tune buddy, exactly on the same frequency!
When you are in those places, at some point stop, just look at the sky, take a breath, take a deep breath, you will feel something incredibly wonderful.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next