Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price Cox_ba12

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by roddie Today at 9:36 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 9:33 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Kim Today at 8:53 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Today at 8:45 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price Empty
Live on Patrol

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price

Go down

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price Empty Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price

Post  sosam117 Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:23 pm

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price for $159.45 (included shipping)
MECOA listed the same thing as $189.99 ---- but is sold out.

This engine is in near perfect condition.
The muffler is included.
This engine is not the ABC version but the earlier version.

The box is perfect, wrench not used at all, it looks like it was just produced by Cox.
Engine just has a little cardboard "dirt" on it from storage.

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price 001_co12

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price 002_co11

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price 003_co11

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price 004_co10

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price 005_co12

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price 006_co10

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price 007_co10

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price 008_co10

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price 009_co12

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price 010_co11

I think I got a good deal?
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price Empty Re: Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price

Post  944_Jim Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:05 pm

I think you got a fair deal. I know you got a piece of history!

As long as you didn't keep the family from eating, then it is just $150. I don't know if this is bragging, or admitting I have a problem, or if it makes you feel more comfortable with the purchase, I spent real, retail asking price for a pair of Norvel .074 engines (NIB) for my BHM Mosquito (a twin)...that was two at full-ask just for the "new" part. One hundred twenty buck each, plus shipping. I suspect if that includes the bench-break-in (but not the fuel), it cost me about $7.50 for each engine's run before the plane was crashed for the last time. One was ruined. I replaced it with a used one...but for a whole lot less! I will admit I enjoyed each flight.
So with all that said, "Good for you! Enjoy."

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price Empty Re: Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price

Post  Surfer_kris Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:36 am

The Conquest is a great engine. Smile

I wish they would have made the smaller ones just like that too!

Bought this Cox Conquest 15 engine on buy it now price Cox_co12
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:29 am

944_Jim wrote:I think you got a fair deal. I know you got a piece of history!

As long as you didn't keep the family from eating, then it is just $150. I don't know if this is bragging, or admitting I have a problem, or if it makes you feel more comfortable with the purchase, I spent real, retail asking price for a pair of Norvel .074 engines (NIB) for my BHM Mosquito (a twin)...that was two at full-ask just for the "new" part. One hundred twenty buck each, plus shipping. I suspect if that includes the bench-break-in (but not the fuel), it cost me about $7.50 for each engine's run before the plane was crashed for the last time. One was ruined. I replaced it with a used one...but for a whole lot less! I will admit I enjoyed each flight.
So with all that said, "Good for you! Enjoy."

I'm not bragging.
I've seen them used for the price I got this one.
New ones (NIB) I have seen go for almost $300.00
Burnie has one for $269.00 --- discounted because of damage on the back plate.

I have collected many Cox engines and the Cox Conquest 15 has been on my list for a while.
But the price for new/used are very high.
Used ones were never in any good conditions and have been well used and most of the time no box and no paperwork.

Like anything else, if you wait long enough, you'll find the one you have been looking for.

Last edited by sosam117 on Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:50 am

Good price on a nice engine , when where they ABC ? All i have seen is sleeved . Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:21 am

RJL made an ABC version which also has a better/stronger connecting rod. So that is the one to get for high rpm applications.
The Cox version works fine though as a "sports engine". Great throttling and power, gives around 16500 rpm on an 8x4 prop.
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aspeed Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:43 am

Congrats on the best Cox engine. I have three, only one with a box, and all used a fair bit. They do work well even with the steel liner. I believe the Rossi piston/cylinder is a drop in replacement, as it was a copy of that. Other manufacturers copied the Rossi too. Ucktkam, Taipan, and others. There is a guy still making replacement ABC sets for around $85. Brian Gardener in Australia? and maybe another Ukranian? manufacturer. Not sure about rods though. I run a 7-5 prop on most of my .15s. It keeps the revs up to get in the power band and doesn't over rev to damage the motor like a 7-4 or the F2D props might.
aspeed
aspeed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:21 am

aspeed wrote:Congrats on the best Cox engine. I have three, only one with a box, and all used a fair bit.  They do work well even with the steel liner.  I believe the Rossi piston/cylinder is a drop in replacement, as it was a copy of that. Other manufacturers copied the Rossi too.  Ucktkam, Taipan, and others.  There is a guy still making replacement ABC sets for around $85. Brian Gardener in Australia? and maybe another Ukranian? manufacturer.  Not sure about rods though.  I run a 7-5 prop on most of my .15s. It keeps the revs up to get in the power band and doesn't over rev to damage the motor like a 7-4 or the F2D props might.

I'll reach out to my friend in Australia and see "if" he knows Brian Gardener and could contact him?
Thanks for the info.

As for the connecting rod, MECOA has some "in stock".
Though it doesn't say for the old steel liner or for the ABC set?

I wonder "if" those could work on the ABC sets from Brian Gardener?
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aspeed Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:43 am

This is the other guy. https://f2dservice.nethouse.ru/products/category/3065044 Not sure how border relations and production is going over there at this time, but maybe the Mk II could work in the Conquest. IDK. It seems to come with a rod and pin though, and seems well made.
aspeed
aspeed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:09 pm

Those in US may have difficulty buying anything shipped from Russia direct to US for now, due to US government embargo because of Ukraine war.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ffkiwi Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:14 pm

Brian only produces in batches, and to order....i think his minimum is 20 units-so I would not be too optimistic about sourcing a Conquest ABC liner from him....or be prepared to wait years. Even if you could get enough orders to produce a run-he is already booked several years out with existing liner set orders-in some cases they have proved so popular he had to do two or three runs. He is currently around 18 months behind in his current production thanks to Covid....that being said his work is-in one word SUPERB....and his liner sets come with rod and head gaskets. I have two of his G15 liner sets and two Merco 35 sets ....still to be fitted...

I currently have my name down for a couple of OS Max 35 P/l sets with him....though when they'll be done is anyone's guess. As they say...good things take time!

I''d suggest either trying the E european sources....which are offering a number of options...Rossi, ST etc in both ABC and AAC, or talking to the redoubtable Ron Young who i believe was offering blueprinted Ron Young Conquests quite recently. I do not know for certain whether he has the ABC liner sets for sale separately....but it would do no harm to ask....

ChrisM
  'ffkiwi'

PS I can confirm that Rossi P/L sets fit the Conquest (and-FWIW-the Taipan 15 goldhead....)-what I can't confirm is whether you needed to change the rod....from memory..they used the same size gudgeon but the crankpin dia was slightly different...
ffkiwi
ffkiwi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down