Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

3 Seater Go Cart - Page 4 Cox_ba12

3 Seater Go Cart - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Today at 3:29 am

» A little nostalgia…
by roddie Today at 1:48 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:09 am

» Tired of it all…
by roddie Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 10:27 pm

» Science and Mechanics magazine's "Playboy" 14' plywood runabout plans.. circa 1950's
by roddie Yesterday at 9:30 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by roddie Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» Post your Older books
by crankbndr Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» Cox wrench
by layback209 Yesterday at 3:03 pm

» Black Widow Run time
by getback Yesterday at 10:04 am

» How does your Garden Grow
by getback Yesterday at 6:26 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

3 Seater Go Cart - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

3 Seater Go Cart

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

3 Seater Go Cart - Page 4 Empty Re: 3 Seater Go Cart

Post  WingingIt74 Wed May 09, 2012 10:28 am

There are a dozen or so Chinese honda clone manufacturers. Most honda parts are not compatible as they had to change some of the engines to not be sued by Honda.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Wed May 09, 2012 10:29 am

SuperDave wrote:Mitch:

Go to. www.northerntool.com and look at their selection of engines. You might be able to identify yours from the pictures or descriptions.

Until the engine is identified you are pretty much out of luck repairing it or obtaining needed parts. Remeber what I said about mechnics being 90% diagnosis?

(BTW, I ran a small engine shop out of my garage for many years)

thanks Dave, i found this engine on there site that is a honda gx200, but it is 1hp smaller than the engine my mini bike had
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200353066_200353066
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Wed May 09, 2012 10:32 am

WingingIt74 wrote:Those aren't really worth fixing. Your best bet would be to buy another one. I bought a 99cc version of this and it runs great.
http://www.harborfreight.com/engines-generators/gas-engines/predator-212-cc-ohv-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-certified-for-california-68121.html

yeah, that was what i was thinking of getting the 212cc 6.5hp predator engine, then ill put a smaller sprocket on the rear wheel and see if the bike will go faster than 14mph
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Wed May 09, 2012 10:38 am

mitchg95 wrote:
WingingIt74 wrote:Those aren't really worth fixing. Your best bet would be to buy another one. I bought a 99cc version of this and it runs great.
http://www.harborfreight.com/engines-generators/gas-engines/predator-212-cc-ohv-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-certified-for-california-68121.html

yeah, that was what i was thinking of getting the 212cc 6.5hp predator engine, then ill put a smaller sprocket on the rear wheel and see if the bike will go faster than 14mph

I just put a 99cc on my son's mini and with a 72T sprocket it goes in the mid 20s. I haven't clocked it yet, but it's quite fast, even with me on it.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Wed May 09, 2012 10:40 am

WingingIt74 wrote:
mitchg95 wrote:

I just put a 99cc on my son's mini and with a 72T sprocket it goes in the mid 20s. I haven't clocked it yet, but it's quite fast, even with me on it.

cool, i bet its fun
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Wed May 09, 2012 10:42 am

mitchg95 wrote:

Go to. www.northerntool.com and look at their selection of engines. You might be able to identify yours from the pictures or descriptions.

Until the engine is identified you are pretty much out of luck repairing it or obtaining needed parts. Remeber what I said about mechnics being 90% diagnosis?

thanks Dave, i found this engine on there site that is a honda gx200, but it is 1hp smaller than the engine my mini bike had

That is a nice little motor, I have one on my Go Kart. Starts right up and runs great.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Wed May 09, 2012 10:44 am

microflitedude wrote:
mitchg95 wrote:

That is a nice little motor, I have one on my Go Kart. Starts right up and runs great.

how fast does she go?
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Wed May 09, 2012 10:46 am

You pay a lot for a Honda... I couldn't justify it. Heck I'd rather replace the engine a few times.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Wed May 09, 2012 10:48 am

mitchg95 wrote:
microflitedude wrote:
mitchg95 wrote:

how fast does she go?

Haven't clocked this one yet, but I would guess aroun 25 to 30 MPH

Good point Travis.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Wed May 09, 2012 10:50 am

microflitedude wrote:
mitchg95 wrote:
microflitedude wrote:
mitchg95 wrote:

how fast does she go?

Haven't clocked this one yet, but I would guess aroun 25 to 30 MPH

Good point Travis.

wow thats pretty good man
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed May 09, 2012 11:02 am

Mitch:

Guess what? If you gear to increase the speed you reduce the engine's ability to pull a load or go up inclines. You can't have it both ways without a multiple drive sprockets.

My son's "Yerf Dog" has an 8 hp Tecumseh OHV which slows down considerably when carrying three people going up an incline with a load.

Last edited by SuperDave on Wed May 09, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Wed May 09, 2012 11:04 am

Guess what? If you gear to increase the speed you reduce the engine's ability to pull a load or go up inclines. You can't have it both ways without a multiple drive sprockets.

My son's "Yerf Dog" has an 8 hp Tecumseh OHV which slows down considerably when carrying three people going up and incline with a load.

i understand that Dave, im not to worried about it though as most of the places that i ride are not to hilly and mostly flat areas
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed May 09, 2012 11:18 am

Hate to "rain on your parade" Mitch but that only means riding your quad on private lands. Private landowners are reluctant to grant permission because of liability concerns.

Public lands require that ALL motorized vehicles be street-legal, licensed and be operated by licensed drivers. Check your local regulations and see if I'm not correct.

So you can either ride illegally and risk getting caught or.................................
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Wed May 09, 2012 11:20 am

WingingIt74 wrote:You pay a lot for a Honda... I couldn't justify it. Heck I'd rather replace the engine a few times.

A bit of money, but the nice thing is that if you take care of it well, it is re-sellable fast with that name and will probably outlast the go-kart or ?. They run forever with just a bit of basic mantienance, as we all know.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Wed May 09, 2012 11:35 am

There is an old "historic" speedway just down the road from me. The owner has told me I could fly my small airplanes there, and he lets people ride bikes. I mint call him and ask him about go carts.

The reason we are messing with all this stuff is for this event. http://www.joenall.com/

Largest outdoor event in the world. It is spread out over 500 acres. Forget walking, and driving a car is bulky and difficult. Which makes these little carts perfect. Smile

No room at our house unless we decide to destroy our yard. When me move, (which is very soon) I hope there will be a place to ride them.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Wed May 09, 2012 11:37 am

Torque Converters on 2WD is the way to go. 1WD with a standard centrifugal clutch not nearly as fun.

Luckily the seller lied to us about the axel... (among many other things) which is bent to heck.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Wed May 09, 2012 11:40 am

SuperDave wrote:Hate to "rain on your parade" Mitch but that only means riding your quad on private lands. Private landowners are reluctant to grant permission because of liability concerns.

Public lands require that ALL motorized vehicles be street-legal, licensed and be operated by licensed drivers. Check your local regulations and see if I'm not correct.

So you can either ride illegally and risk getting caught or.................................

i know what you are talking about Dave, i already checked with local police departent, and because it is over 50cc it is considered a "motorized vehicle" and needs to be registered as a normal motorcycle :'( i only rode it when it worked and when my parents let me take it around 2 blocks of my neighborhood which was once a week if i was lucky. almost got pulled over once lol and got kicked out of the field by my house
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed May 09, 2012 11:46 am

The "Yerf Dog" has a torque converter as mentioned.

A bent axle is best replaced rather than straightened. Again: www.northerntool.com is a good source.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Wed May 09, 2012 11:50 am

mitchg95 wrote:
SuperDave wrote:Hate to "rain on your parade" Mitch but that only means riding your quad on private lands. Private landowners are reluctant to grant permission because of liability concerns.

i know what you are talking about Dave, i already checked with local police departent, and because it is over 50cc it is considered a "motorized vehicle" and needs to be registered as a normal motorcycle :'( i only rode it when it worked and when my parents let me take it around 2 blocks of my neighborhood which was once a week if i was lucky. almost got pulled over once lol and got kicked out of the field by my house

You could always change the "cc" sticker to a 49cc Smile
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed May 09, 2012 12:24 pm

I believe that Travis might just be kidding. Any adult that encourages sixteen year-old to misrepresent something to evade the law is an enabler asking for trouble, if not now, in the future.

Mitch: A quad is NOT "street legal" regardless of engine displacement. Check the definition with your state's Department of Motor Vehicles.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Wed May 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Actually I wasnt kidding. I think it's a silly law. We have one similar in Illinois.

SD, lighten up man. Some states or cities have rules to alow such vehicles on the streets. I feel it's no different then a bicycle as long as its a single gear.

Some alow only electric mini bikes, which I also don't see the difference.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed May 09, 2012 12:45 pm

WingingIt74 wrote:Actually I wasnt kidding. I think it's a silly law. We have one similar in Illinois.

SD, lighten up man. Some states or cities have rules to alow such vehicles on the streets. I feel it's no different then a bicycle as long as its a single gear.

Some alow only electric mini bikes, which I also don't see the difference.

Travis:

I believe it fair to say that you and I have fundamental disagreement about teaching children to respect and obey the law. What you consider a "silly law" is, none the less, the legally enforceable law is not up to your discretion if it is "reasonable".

My thirty year career as I high school teacher taught that if parents and adults don't comply with laws there is precious little chance that children will. Under age driving for example. Parents allowing their children to drive without a permit or license. What "lesson"is thus imparted?

Whereas some communities have passed ordinances allowing golf cars or other electric-powered vehicles on city streets that is not an approval of gasoline-powered quads which are the subject of the thread in question. If you chose to equate the two as being "no different" that is not your decision to make.

Last edited by SuperDave on Wed May 09, 2012 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Wed May 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Silly laws for SuperDave Smile

WASHINGTON STATE:

• All lollipops are banned.
  • A law to reduce crime states: "It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town.
  • It's illegal in Wilbur to ride an ugly horse. Fine? $300.
  • There is/was a law on the books in Washington state that stated that a motorcar driven at night must be preceded by something like 100 yards by a man carrying a lantern...
  • In Seattle it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon that is over six feet in length.
  • Also in Seattle it is illegal for a woman to sit on a man's lap on a bus unless there is a pillow between them.
  • It is still an offense in Washington state to pretend your parents are rich
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Wed May 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Mitch, in all fairness, do what your parents suggest.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed May 09, 2012 1:26 pm

Don't get me started about ILLINOIS.

The new Illinois motto: "Where governors make our license plates"

Where the laws they broke "silly" in your opinion? (Fraud, embezelment.....................)

Last edited by SuperDave on Wed May 09, 2012 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next